Finally picked the knife out for the wife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mchase

Reaction score
So I posted a couple days ago asking for advice on which knife to buy as a gift for my wife. I sorta just read reviews, watched knives for sale here with the most enthusiasm etc etc and ended up with these two. I've got to admit Im not sure if I got good knives, but I could almost get Into collecting these things, very impressive. Hopefully I did ok???

Kagekiyo Blue #1 Kiritsuke Gyuto 210mm
Saji Rainbow Damascus Nakiri 165mm

B3E6C71D-5CE6-4F9D-9267-64BEAC23C216.jpeg

Yes, it's very easy to fall down the rabbit hole into collecting these gorgeous shiny sharp things.

You have chosen two knives from quality makers.

I don't have a Saji (wouldn't mind getting one, though) but my Kagekiyo is a beautifully finished knife and it is thin behind the edge.

I hope she loves them.

Last edited:
Mine (a white2) is about average for an iron-clad knife. Certainly not my most reactive knife. Is your experience different?
More reactive than Kato, less reactive than Konosuke FM

So I posted a couple days ago asking for advice on which knife to buy as a gift for my wife. I sorta just read reviews, watched knives for sale here with the most enthusiasm etc etc and ended up with these two. I've got to admit Im not sure if I got good knives, but I could almost get Into collecting these things, very impressive. Hopefully I did ok???

Kagekiyo Blue #1 Kiritsuke Gyuto 210mm
Saji Rainbow Damascus Nakiri 165mm

View attachment 85068
Wow! I mean what an amazing set of knives - I would be tempted to keep these but not yield to my temptation. But sharing is caring so I hope both of you can enjoy these beauties - good to see Saji a bit more on this forum

Back