Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap. I really want to try this particular piece out, but I might get out, just to shorten up the list a tad. I already use two of Will's knives, and love them both. This would just be frivolous self-indulgence.

I can email Kalaeb to see where he stands on this, and jmadams is a big no. He's no longer on passaround lists....

I sharpened The nakiri with Gesshin 2k/6k & it is on its way to Josh(brainsausage)!

WiilC, thanks for the passaround!

I'll post some pictures & my thoughts later on......

my thoughts of WillC Nakiri

the Nakiri arrived with the upswept heel due to Concthcipt repaired the chip on the heel. However, it really no effect on cutting perforance!

profile: extra weight & curvature of the blade is very similar to my small all-purpose Chinese cleaver. make this Nakiri is more versatility than my other Featherweight/flat profile blade nakiri.

geoamertry: Very little food stiction, wide bevel(glide into food)+crisp shinogi(push food away from blade)+concave grind(prevent from venvacuum suction) working together very well for food release! compare to some thin/flat grind nakiri(food stick on blade like magnet).
I have no issue with wedg using push foward cut.

steel: very easy to sharpening, feel similar as aeb-l. I didn't use this Nakiri long enough; however, edge retention feel slightly better than aeb-l(I guess...)

handle: taper ferrule is very comfer for pinch grip.

Nice write up cc. I was afraid of doing that to the profile.

Thanks Guys thats excellent, great feedback and pics;)

Where is the knife now folks? I think its time to draw the pass around to a close now , its been away for a year.
Cheers
Will

Did this ever make it to canada?, come on folks, time to wind this one up.
Should be with Igasho.

Hope it finds its way back.

I'd really dig something like my Takeda nakiri but in a better-finished stainless blade. Not enough makers doing anything like that.

Tracking confirms it is with Igasho so I'm sure its fine, just waiting for him to respond, probably just busy or not had a chance to use the knife yet. Not his fault the pass around has gone on for over a year. Mind you it has been around 3 countries. The pass around was never really meant to be a commercial one really as its a prototype and an old one now at that which has little relevance as I don't offer mono steel and the grind has since evolved of its own accord.

Its all safe, Its with Igasho, off to Notaskinny, No dramas, may as well do this last leg.:running:

Back