Finding professional sharpening in Brooklyn / NYC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkbaby

Well-Known Doofus
Reaction score
I need help finding professional knife sharpening in Brooklyn (or NYC area). There's a catch tho: it's for a custom made carbon steel knife that *I* made for friends who gave it to their son and daughter-in-law as a wedding gift.

I would sharpen it for free, but they don't want to risk losing it in the mail, and it might cost more in postage than a good sharpening locally up there.

I was gonna suggest Korin to them, but I think they won't sharpen knives from makers they don't know, right? I was also thinking Cut Brooklyn but I think he moved from the city out to the countryside?

The blade is 15N20 carbon steel about HRc 60-62 nothing special, easy peasy sharpening for anybody knowledgeable. I don't know how much they been using it, so not sure how much thinning it needs. It's got a vertical belt finish and is not a flat grind, so it won't look as pretty after thinning unless somebody knows what they're doing.

Thanks!

Back