Finishing my work set finally!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Ok so i was planning on purchasing all these myself later on in the summer and my gf saw my list on my computer and her and my best friend chipped in and surprised me for my birthday.

New additions-
-Konosuke 240mm HD Gyuto(was actually going to go with the TKC but im going to give it a try and so far im highly impressed with this knife so i may decide to keep this)
-Tojiro ITK 270mm Bread Knife
-Tojiro DP Honesuki 150mm
-Tojiro Stainless kitchen sheers
- I also purchased myself a gesshin ginga 210mm petty which is probably going to be my all around favorite knife to use so far

the rest are-
-misono ux 10 7" santoku
-misono ux10 240mm suji
-shun classic 210mm chefs knife
-not sure which brand but single bevel usuba 7"( never gets used)

I have gotten to use each knife and love them all especially the bread knife just cuts through anything like butter! The honesuki works great on ducks really like how well its performs when i first received it i thought it may be a bit short but it works fantastic.

The gyuto is also amazing, i love how thin the blade it i have read many reviews on this knife and some people said it was somewhat delicate and i dont seem to think this is true from my experience.

There is only one knife im currently debating on getting soon as soon as my budget will allow it which is the konosuke 210mm mioroshi deba.

Want to thank Mark and Jon for the great service and knives!

Going to try to upload some pictures on here but if i cant figure it out i will post a link to picasa.

Knives

Knives

Knives

Knives

Knives

Very nice set, you will never get sick of the Konosuke, how have you been liking the Tojiro sheers, I need another set and I have been looking at those.

Kalaeb- they are pretty awesome i have only used them a few times on some chickens but they are sharp, feel very durable i dont think you could do anything to hurt them at all, and they are easy to wash so thats a plus in my book.

and i was looking at the tkc more than the kono HD because i wanted more of a workhorse for my gyuto and something i could beat on a bit, although it doesn't seem anywhere near as fragile as some make it sound i mean its light and thin but the steel seem strong to me i went through about 500lbs of sutff in the last couple days and haven't had one issue with it so im pretty sure im gonna keep it, just have been stropping it here and there might sharpen it this weekend though.

...and i was looking at the tkc more than the kono HD because i wanted more of a workhorse for my gyuto and something i could beat on a bit, although it doesn't seem anywhere near as fragile as some make it sound i mean its light and thin but the steel seem strong to me i went through about 500lbs of sutff in the last couple days and haven't had one issue with it so im pretty sure im gonna keep it, just have been stropping it here and there might sharpen it this weekend though.
I'm glad you took a chance on a "laser." I never understand where people get the idea that thinner knives somehow can't handle normal cutting tasks and they are so much nicer to use. (FYI, the TKC isn't much thicker.)

Ok so i was planning on purchasing all these myself later on in the summer and my gf saw my list on my computer and her and my best friend chipped in and surprised me for my birthday.

You are a lucky man!
Looks like you got a lot of good working knives there. I'm a little jealous... :)

My arss you're "finishing" your set, finally....and in the same post you're debating your next purchase! You've been bitten, my friend! LOL! There is always something new that will get your attention! I am a big fan of the Kono HD as well; it can perform delicately, but that steel will retain an edge for a good while. I have had zero issues with any chipping or other signs of fragility....have fun!

My arss you're "finishing" your set, finally....and in the same post you're debating your next purchase! You've been bitten, my friend! LOL! There is always something new that will get your attention! I am a big fan of the Kono HD as well; it can perform delicately, but that steel will retain an edge for a good while. I have had zero issues with any chipping or other signs of fragility....have fun!

Haha yes i have! it is so hard not to buy more knives and im sure i will but as far as work goes im pretty set i think. I have been debating the deba for a while now, at my job we mainly only portion fish but on occasion we do get whole fish in. I dont necessarily need it but it would come in handy to have im just not completely set on it yet. When i spoke with Jon he said that one would be a better to use on chickens and duck even though there not meant for that purpose the steel is slightly harder and could hold up to the job and i would like to have multiple uses for the knife. As far as the Kono HD im thrilled with it such an awesome knife! Thanks!

TK59-Ya i figured if i didnt work for me i could always sell it on here to another member but im loving it so far. I know the TKC is slightly thicker but when i spoke with shaun who has them both he said that he felt the TKC would perform better overall as a workhorse in a pro kitchen so thats why i had decided on it but im more than happy with the Kono HD

Haha yes i have! it is so hard not to buy more knives and im sure i will but as far as work goes im pretty set i think. I have been debating the deba for a while now, at my job we mainly only portion fish but on occasion we do get whole fish in. I dont necessarily need it but it would come in handy to have im just not completely set on it yet. When i spoke with Jon he said that one would be a better to use on chickens and duck even though there not meant for that purpose the steel is slightly harder and could hold up to the job and i would like to have multiple uses for the knife. As far as the Kono HD im thrilled with it such an awesome knife! Thanks!

TK59-Ya i figured if i didnt work for me i could always sell it on here to another member but im loving it so far. I know the TKC is slightly thicker but when i spoke with shaun who has them both he said that he felt the TKC would perform better overall as a workhorse in a pro kitchen so thats why i had decided on it but im more than happy with the Kono HD

not harder... tougher ;)

That's quite a hardworking set!

Ya im loving it so far no complaints at all, i got lucky i bought my misonos before they increased the prices a while back ;) but i have invested quite a bit of money into my tools and its def. paying off while at work.

I just wish i could get rid of those poly cutting boards!!!!

Back