Quantcast

FIRE FOOD! Not smores but something tasty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Potato42

Reaction score
We're going to have a bonfire sunday night and I thought it might be fun to have a snack ready. I've never really been a big fan of smores, so what else can you guys come up with that makes for good fire food? :hungry:We're going to be at the house here so it is possible to have better utensils than sticks if needed, but burning sticks are fun!:flame::muahaha:

I'm open to pretty much anything.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Reaction score
Pizza on a stick.
No ok bananas slit down the center little brown sugar and butter and splash of rum roll in foil bake add ice cream.

MadMel

Reaction score
Sweet potatoes wrapped in foil and buried in the coals. I'm alking about the small, very sweet Japanese purple variety.

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
Smokies or kelbassa, on a stick, roast till the skin ruptures. Toated baguette, thin silce the meats, a little mustard or your favorite cond., thin sliced red onion, and an great beer.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Get one of those fish grill baskets that close, and take a pocket pita, fill it up with tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and some smoked pepperoni. Fold it in half and lock it in the grill basket.
You got yourself a wicked calzone!

watercrawl

Reaction score
Steak cut into strips, marinated, skewered with sticks and cooked over the open flame.

SpikeC

Reaction score
Get one of those fish grill baskets that close, and take a pocket pita, fill it up with tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and some smoked pepperoni. Fold it in half and lock it in the grill basket.
You got yourself a wicked calzone!
More of a panini, don't you think?

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Steely! Hardwood (avocado) fire in a ring on the beach, bricks up and around a pizza stone. Homemade pizzas end Apple turnovers w/ vanilla icecream

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Spike, calzonini???

Potato42

Reaction score
Everything sounds tasty. Too bad I wont be able to try everything.

Potato42

Reaction score
Well weather conspired to keep the bonfire from happening:( The suggestions have inspired me to plan a fire pit meal in the future though. Dinner was still good, we had pork chops breaded and pan seared then baked in mushroom sauce along with mashed potatoes and peas. Had a loaf of homemade bread on standby too and then super double chocolate fudge chocolate chunk cake with vanilla ice cream. We were good and stuffed anyway.:razz:

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Panizone?
I like the sound of both. We should combine the two and make an Italian wood stove restaurant with a location out west, and one out east. I smell a delicious winner!

deker

Reaction score
I always like to grab my Lodge Dutch oven and cook up something good with the hot coals when the firepit it going. One of our favorites around here is keilbasa, cabbage, and onions solwly cooked by the fire coals. Get the pot hot, add a fat of your choice and brown some onions, then toss in keilbasa, chopped cabbage, and a little water (or beer!) and let it simmer it's way to tastyness.

Or, a nice little roast with veggies and potatoes in the Dutch oven is always good too.

-d

Adamm

Reaction score
Probally too late but get some mountain pie makers, at least thats what we have called them. We have made pizzas in them and other sandwiches.