First Brissie Knife Nerd-Out

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Danzo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the knife between the shun and saji?

Danzo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Garner Harrison can you tell us about that mazaki? Profile looks way different than any I’ve seen, nice high shinogi too.

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
I'm in maastricht, so I'm pretty close. We can drag @Carl Kotte and @Matus along. Who else in Germany and/or the Benelux would like to join?

@Michi this is all your doing, now I really want to have a meet up :D
You know I’m game too! Do you bring the hummus to this event or do you want me to do it? And please, don’t forget @childermass!

madelinez

Reaction score
Well hopefully It's not during March... when I'll be braving international travel.

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
0C6EDC01-18BE-4F35-ADFB-03D28EEFAD6C.jpeg

I’m trying my best to stay incognito ...

Actually after looking at that stack of knives all laid out I couldn’t stand up for about fifteen minutes.

Here’s me in NZ .... with a REAL “bike”

Last edited:

Garner Harrison

Reaction score
@Danzo Its a different style of grind for a Mazaki, its one of CleanCuts Hamaguri grind Mazaki's so it has a convex grind to it. The shinogi you see on it is kinda weird as doesnt have a hard shinogi line.

Im planning to get the knife all prettied up and possibly let it go as I dont think I really enjoy workhorse knives >.>

Oh lord Mazaki lovers dont kill me..

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! So, let me guess, about 300 kg worth of bike?

Next time in Canada, I'll hit you up for a ride! :)
Actually closer to 450kg. loaded. I spent five of my winters touring on Harley’s in NZ. Never made it to Aus or Tassie. The Kiwi’s told me to skip Aus because there is no way I could understand the heavy accents. Logged over 200,000 kms in NZ. Toured NA with the same bikes when I was back in Canada. Was a great run. Here’s a pic of my current bike ...

AC08FE60-D05E-47CB-9507-7BB40D2AED8C.jpeg

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
Actually closer to 450kg. loaded. I spent five of my winters touring on Harley’s in NZ. Never made it to Aus or Tassie. The Kiwi’s told me to skip Aus because there is no way I could understand the heavy accents. Logged over 200,000 kms in NZ. Toured NA with the same bikes when I was back in Canada. Was a great run. Here’s a pic of my current bike ...

View attachment 72564
You seem somewhat younger and a bit shorter on this picture. Benjamin Button?

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish ... that’s my son!!! Part of my NZ adventures and brought to life when I was 62. Imagine gearing up to go to Sturgis in July, 2010 when I got an email .... “remember me ... I’m pregnant ... and you’re the father”. He’s why I don’t sell my knives. He’s as crazy about knives, sharpening, and Harley’s as I am. My knife collection is destined to go to him when I pass.