First Brissie Knife Nerd-Out

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in maastricht, so I'm pretty close. We can drag @Carl Kotte and @Matus along. Who else in Germany and/or the Benelux would like to join?

@Michi this is all your doing, now I really want to have a meet up :D

You know I’m game too! Do you bring the hummus to this event or do you want me to do it? And please, don’t forget @childermass!

Well hopefully It's not during March... when I'll be braving international travel.

0C6EDC01-18BE-4F35-ADFB-03D28EEFAD6C.jpeg

I’m trying my best to stay incognito ...

Actually after looking at that stack of knives all laid out I couldn’t stand up for about fifteen minutes.

Here’s me in NZ .... with a REAL “bike”

Last edited:
@Danzo Its a different style of grind for a Mazaki, its one of CleanCuts Hamaguri grind Mazaki's so it has a convex grind to it. The shinogi you see on it is kinda weird as doesnt have a hard shinogi line.

Im planning to get the knife all prettied up and possibly let it go as I dont think I really enjoy workhorse knives >.>

Oh lord Mazaki lovers dont kill me..

Wow! So, let me guess, about 300 kg worth of bike?

Next time in Canada, I'll hit you up for a ride! :)

Actually closer to 450kg. loaded. I spent five of my winters touring on Harley’s in NZ. Never made it to Aus or Tassie. The Kiwi’s told me to skip Aus because there is no way I could understand the heavy accents. Logged over 200,000 kms in NZ. Toured NA with the same bikes when I was back in Canada. Was a great run. Here’s a pic of my current bike ...

AC08FE60-D05E-47CB-9507-7BB40D2AED8C.jpeg

Actually closer to 450kg. loaded. I spent five of my winters touring on Harley’s in NZ. Never made it to Aus or Tassie. The Kiwi’s told me to skip Aus because there is no way I could understand the heavy accents. Logged over 200,000 kms in NZ. Toured NA with the same bikes when I was back in Canada. Was a great run. Here’s a pic of my current bike ...

View attachment 72564

You seem somewhat younger and a bit shorter on this picture. Benjamin Button?

I wish ... that’s my son!!! Part of my NZ adventures and brought to life when I was 62. Imagine gearing up to go to Sturgis in July, 2010 when I got an email .... “remember me ... I’m pregnant ... and you’re the father”. He’s why I don’t sell my knives. He’s as crazy about knives, sharpening, and Harley’s as I am. My knife collection is destined to go to him when I pass.

Back