first knife: Fujiwara Denka?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
209g is a little light, especially considering the urushi handle. But nice knife nonetheless. Give it a go and let us know how you feel about it.

209g is a little light, especially considering the urushi handle. But nice knife nonetheless. Give it a go and let us know how you feel about it.
Most definitely - thanks again for your perspectives along the journey.

September has been a knife month:
2 Shigs - Kitaeji and Kasumi
1 Kato
1 Denka

Quite a haul - no regrets whatsoever!

Time to clear out some knives though, and hit BST!

1 Kato
1 Denka

I feel a carrot comparo coming.

1 Kato
1 Denka

Second coming of JML. Buyer of unicorns.
Nice haul indeed.

Second coming of JML. Buyer of unicorns.
Nice haul indeed.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ as if the first coming was not enough..... but wait, what do you mean by second coming, how do you define second? What is second was actually first?, is coming the inverse of going? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Stock Shig. Kasumi is a head turner but average cutter, the physics of low bevel style dictates that the edge approach angle being higher than average. However, Iโ€™ve not had kitaeji, very curious if the grind & the thickness behind edge is different than Kasumi?

Stock Shig. Kasumi is a head turner but average cutter, the physics of low bevel style dictates that the edge approach angle being higher than average. However, Iโ€™ve not had kitaeji, very curious if the grind & the thickness behind edge is different than Kasumi?
My Kasumi costs like a dream at around 205 gems. It is delightful. Have not tried the Kitaeji yet, but will do so this week. Itโ€™s made of unobtanium so seems to brazenly violate some laws of physics ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

My Kasumi costs like a dream at around 205 gems. It is delightful. Have not tried the Kitaeji yet, but will do so this week. Itโ€™s made of unobtanium so seems to brazenly violate some laws of physics ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Comon men, do not cut with emotion & allow placebo effect to affect you. We may need you to test these knives under clinical trial โ€œdouble blindโ€ standard to know the truth ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comon men, do not cut with emotion & allow placebo effect to affect you. We may need you to test these knives under clinical trial โ€œdouble blindโ€ standard to know the truth ๐Ÿ˜‚
True - blind cutting test is the only way - as long as I donโ€™t nip anything ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Somehow I don't think RockyBasel will "cut with emotion" regarding his unicorns the same way as you do, ma_sha1. Don't give him strange ideas. Just stop.

Yes he missed a target face, the goal was not to stick the arrow in the target anyway.
The goal was meditation and finding oneโ€™s true inner self - the point of focus and tension and breath control made for complete unison thereby abandoning the duality of existence for a single moment and attaining bliss

If you catch my drift that is

Zen is on target in a TF thread, as you'll need to master Zen to come to grips with being happy with what you got ;-)

Zen is on target in a TF thread, as you'll need to master Zen to come to grips with being happy with what you got ;-)
She must have gotten a TF for Xmas
meditation-chef-knife-isolated-white-35274322.jpg

Back