First laser.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronsgibson

Reaction score
Well guys thanks to everyone on here I've gone and bought my first laser. A Konosuke 210mm. Now I must do the hardest thing of it all. Wait.

And you've got a 3-day weekend to add to your wait. Oh well, some things are worth waiting for and that's one of them.

Yup damn the holiday lol. But hopefully I get to use it before I have to go back to work on Thursday. Crossing my fingers.

@Pensacola- I got the white #2. If I had a rather large amount of money to spend I would have gone for the ZDP :) But I have a usuba that is white and I love it and I've been looking at this one for sometimes.

Yup damn the holiday lol. But hopefully I get to use it before I have to go back to work on Thursday. Crossing my fingers.

@Pensacola- I got the white #2. If I had a rather large amount of money to spend I would have gone for the ZDP :) But I have a usuba that is white and I love it and I've been looking at this one for sometimes.

You will love the white #2. Good choice for a first laser. Enjoy!

Well I did some looking and if it were to ship today I'm thinking it should be at my door on Tuesday. Thanks everyone I will thoroughly it.

The Konosuke white 2 gyuto was my first laser also.
I loved it from the moment I recieved it and continue
to love it to this day. It's an awesome knife! I use
it just about every day at work and the knife rewards me for
doing so. Congrats on the new knife!
P.s. to quote the great philosopher Tom Petty
"the waiting is the hardest part"

My 210 white 2 kono is probably my favorite gyuto seconded by my 270 of the same knife. It really is awesome to work with. Extremely light, nimble and cuts beautifully.

210 is an underrated gyuto size. I STILL love 210s.

By the time I'm done with my Misono, it'll be a 210 suji anyways :D
Did I mention it's sitting at a nice 42mm, heel to spine?

Now people get my Misono gyuto love! :D

Yeah that is what I've been using for a good many years. Only problem is that Jon had just opened his store so my knife won't ship until tomorrow. Oh well just get to let the anticipation build and have to wait until Thursday or Friday.

3 days is nothing, come see me when you have to wait a few weeks to have knives sent to australia! enjoy the knew knife :)

?? My knives from Japan get to me in 3 days (EMS), and orders from Mark take less than a week.

Japanese mail service is second to none. 3 days is INCREDIBLE. I wish we could manage that in Canada...

On a side note, here is a crappy picture just to show how close my gyuto is to a 210 suji. The knife on top is my Carter funayuki (39mm), and the one underneath is my Misono (42mm).
18b298df.jpg

LOL I did that to my Fujiwara FKH! But my Misono Dragon is still 51mm at the heel.

Well I'm happy to say that it shipped and now I must play the waiting game.

?? My knives from Japan get to me in 3 days (EMS), and orders from Mark take less than a week.

stuff from koki from memory takes over 1 week. ive only ordered from mark once and it took about 15 days. but my yamawaku deba from 330mate took over 3 weeks because they send it on the cheap!

MY latest order was from Bluewayjapan by EMS and I got a tracking number (as you would with Koki, who also ships by EMS). The tracking website showed that my knife was at my local PO in 2 .5 days with attempted delivery on the third day. On the occasions I'm not at home for the courier, I pick up the package from the local PO the next day.

Of course, that's counting from the day the package was shipped, not when the order was sent. I don't think any of the vendors goes to the PO every day.

Well I had a very pleasant surprise when I checked my shipping status today. It was out for delivery. So at about 10 am went out to check on something and lone and behold I find my mail man going down the street :) he came over and unloaded a good bit of things for me, but what put the stupid grin on my mug was a large box. So in a went and like a kid on Christmas started unwrapping. Fit and finish are super and it is VERY light. After a quick wash I was set. Not much here only an onion and celery but I really didn't care.... well I did after I was finished because there was no more. Very fun to use. Will hit the stones later in the week and after talking to Jon I'm going to put a 10 degree with a micro bevel. Now normal people might think we are nuts, getting so happy about a new knife but they aren't in the know now are they.

Back