first last grail

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l r harner

Banned
Reaction score
here it is (stole form another forum) whats your first custom and your latest custom then if you care what is your grail (for the new guys what is your wanted first custom)
???????

First: Pierre Rodrigue trio: CPM154 paring and petty, O1 suji

Last: Fowler cable damascus gyuto. Newest is actually a Mike Davis petty w/ Del damascus, but not really a custom as it was not made to order for me.

Grail: Tough one! For artistry, an HHH. For simple beauty, a Devin Thomas. For more savage beauty, a Bill Burke. And for thier own unique stylings, a Harner!

hahah ass kisser :)

for now lets call custom a hand made knife cause while you MD is not a made to order blade it is to me a custom made knife (it jsut had to find its right owner)

I like this thread.

First: A Devin damascus petty leftover from a knife show (but that wasn't custom for me). I guess my set of three Rodrigues would be the first I had some input into making.

Last: Adam Marr Honesuki with linen micarta handle.

Grail: A Burke suji similar to Coin's, but I also nabbed some of Randy's meteorite, so let's see how that project comes out :)

k.

Edit: I edited out a comment on custom definition.

First--Hiro Itou wa 270 gyuto

Last--in process, million layer suji with HHH

grail--saw a thread on some new 18k gold alloy that could only be scratched by diamonds, I want a DT knife made in that :)

Mmhh, my first was a 285 Carter sujihiki, the last was a while ago - the nakiri by Butch. And I almost don't dare saying this, but I am not sure what my grail would be. I was pretty impressed by Salty's demo of Mario's knife and I'd love to try out the knives from all the makers here but I dn't have a knife that keeps me awake, thinking about it.

Stefan

First Rodrigue 255mm gyuto funayuki profile S35VN blue mammoth tooth wa handle probably iron wood in the works.
grail anything KD hattori or Devin Thomas feather pattern sujihiki.

First--Hiro Itou wa 270 gyuto

Last--in process, million layer suji with HHH

grail--saw a thread on some new 18k gold alloy that could only be scratched by diamonds, I want a DT knife made in that :)

Is this what you were talking about

First custom was a recently purchased Saji Damascus Chukabocho soon to be re-handled with burl and mammoth tooth, :drool: grail would be a 225x110 meteorite damascus cleaver-but not holding my breath!!! :crossfingers: :nah:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

First custom was a recently purchased Saji Damascus Chukabocho soon to be re-handled with burl and mammoth tooth, :drool: grail would be a 225x110 meteorite damascus cleaver-but not holding my breath!!! :crossfingers: :nah:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

I thought about that meteorite Damascus. How ridiculous in a good way and awesome. How does anyone ever top that.

First: Martell Rehandled Hiro

Last: Martell 240 Wa-Gyuto

Grail: 210 Gyuto, hollow ground from Butch in CPM154 or O1. Similar to grind to the laser pettys. 45mm tall, buckeye handle with dark ferrul, copper pins, black liner.

I thought about that meteorite Damascus. How ridiculous in a good way and awesome. How does anyone ever top that.

Easy 1,000,000 layer meteorite Damascus. With an 18 kt "indestructible" gold bloster maybe?

First: Tanaka Damascus Nakiri w/ Ironwood Handle

Last: Devin Thomas 150mm Carbon Petty

Grail: A collaborative work between all the knife makers here. Taken place over 1 month in an undisclosed location, and the dvd copy of the HBO miniseries inspired by the event!! (Maybe, just maybe, I've had a bit too much to drink)

First, Murray Carter 6.5 sun SFGZ Funy. Badass lil knife

Last, Delbert Ealy 150mm convex ground AEB-L petty.

Grail, Bill Burke 225mm gyuto in damascus 2100 with buffalo horn handle. Hello

First was either my Rodrigue, or sort of, my Carter that I changed the handle on.
Last one was a Carter suji that I got from Rick. Not surprisingly, the three I just mentioned get lots of use!
My Grail knife is undecided, but it'll likely be a collaborative effort between Pierre and myself. I also have a thing for Randy's knives, so I really can't decide on this one.

*I need to add that I think I am struggling with the "Grail", because I get to use it whenever I want. I think I'll have a hard time topping the Rodrigue....

First: Carter 240 funayuki
Last: Rader 10 in gyuto
Grail: Kramer damascus gyuto, meiji handle
Burke 52100 gyuto

Latest posts

Back