Flattening whetstones the comfortable way

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyprofane

Reaction score
4VNf9Ab.jpg

The stone holder will give a little extra weight to the diamond plate so that you can grab it easily by the rubber block of the stone holder and easily flatten it with great speed. This made my life so much easier. :happy1:

Certainly also minimizes bumping your hands along the stone edges (which can hurt)... BTW, naniwa pro?

Certainly also minimizes bumping your hands along the stone edges (which can hurt)... BTW, naniwa pro?

Yeah, Naniwa Pro 1000. Great stone, doesnt dish a lot but it still does. Yeah, doing under the sink, like I used to do it, is just super uncomfortable and always led to me doing it too shortly. This way I flattened seven stones comfortably in an hour.

Dishing? I find the pro's need flattening to unclog them far more than to undish them :) Or is the 1000 much different from my 400 in that regard?

Well, it didn’t look like it dished but when I made the pencil grit on it, I had to flatten it for a while to get the grit in the middle. I usually use a cleaning stone to unclog it, might switch to Atoma for that, though.

Back