Flea Market Find!!! NEED HELP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trilby

Reaction score
trilbyrouxt

www.instagram.com/trilbyrouxt

Looking for some help to identify a 150mm blade I picked up last weekend at "traders village" here in Houston Texas.

Houston has several different Asian ethnicities represented. It isn't rare to come across some interesting blade's at flea markets, and occasionaly thrift stores. Thrift stores are the best place for dog toys and black work slacks lol. Im pretty happy with it for what I paid so like I said I am considering giving it a touchup.

I am considering re handling it and would like to have an idea what its worth first. Is that weird? I wanna re handle something that I'm actually gonna use often and appreciate it daily.

Thank ya'll for checking this out about the help ahead of time!!

Chef Nik

I'll do some research right now.....

Correct!!

I paid $25!!!

Thank you Mr. Martell and alterwisser!

Is it right that anything like an edge has gone? Before even considering rehandling, I would start by regrinding the blade.

The curly pattern on it are unique in my opinion too.

Surprisingly The edge is great! It's pretty damn sharp. Due to recent events I no longer have any stones....It definitely needs to be touched up...

I will say the laminate is pretty defined form the core. It's different from anything I've used professionally.

Back