Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly to asking everyone here !

People got the kato few years ago for around $400 , turn out now they are selling it for over 1k , is that a big flipping around ?

If that is not count , I m going to sell my old old kato yanagiba 300mm over here
You can flip, but you cannot be dishonest about where the knife came from. Err...maybe you can. I dunno.
The issue is that you claimed it to be from somewhere else besides ebay.

Well yeh, people say something about that too all the time. The issue is not you flipping that is allowed even though frowned upon by some members. The issue is if you lied about the source of the knife, that is not cool if that's what happened.
Thats exactly what happened. Not only where but when the knife was purchased, repeatedly. Indirectly he was tarnishing the reputation of a well-regarded vendor suggesting EpicEdge supplied a defective blade. If it had arrived from EE in that state they would have immediately replaced or refunded.

How do we know it didn’t originally come from epic edge before being sold on eBay?
I think the issue is, he claimed to buy it at EpicEdge a year ago, but it looks like this knife was just bought on ebay last week. So even if it originally came from EpicEdge, this particular seller might not be truthful, which is definitely not right, regardless of anything else.

Couple of comments:

(1) Provenance of the sale item is important ("material") part of the sale listing

EG, one reason "value added resellers" can re-sell for higher-than retail price the knife, is they "add value" which people pay extra eg for extra "quality control".

(2) Making material mis-representations about a listing/sale is banned typically by respectable sales/trading platforms like paypal and ebay

(3) Related to (2) is legal fraud...ie, to do this with (fraudulent) intent, is typically illegal

(4) Fraudlulent intent here seems obvious....since with "flipping" the purpose is to "profit" based on the fraudulent claim

(5) The fraudulent (mis) rep-resentation was important part of overall value of the action ("flipping")

Last edited:
Why you said my profile is invisible ??

Because you (or possibly the moderators?) have made it private. See the screen grab below, it's all that comes up for me.

20200128_125426.jpg

I would like to suggest that it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that Edson Che is telling the truth. He may have bought the knife new, offered it on ebay, used a sock puppet account to end the auction without his losing profit when it didn't get him what he wanted, then offered the knife here under yet a 3rd on line identity, in one scenario I could envision going off my limited data and innate cynicism.

Because you (or possibly the moderators?) have made it private. See the screen grab below, it's all that comes up for me.

View attachment 70098

I would like to suggest that it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that Edson Che is telling the truth. He may have bought the knife new, offered it on ebay, used a sock puppet account to end the auction without his losing profit when it didn't get him what he wanted, then offered the knife here under yet a 3rd on line identity, in one scenario I could envision going off my limited data and innate cynicism.

Thanks to come up that thought !

that ending price just piss lots people off lol

Attachments

• 59F9846B-C75D-429C-9EFA-353D02437EC9.png
    59F9846B-C75D-429C-9EFA-353D02437EC9.png
    304.8 KB · Views: 125

View attachment 70098

He was invited to show a redacted EE invoice but refused to offer proof of his purchase. The Mods investigated and felt there were unsubstantiated claims, and proceeded to close the listing. Plus there are geographical differences between Ebay seller and the KKF'er.

He was invited to show a redacted EE invoice but refused to offer proof of his purchase. The Mods investigated and felt there were unsubstantiated claims, and proceeded to close the listing. Plus there are geographical differences between Ebay seller and the KKF'er.

Will you just not like me at all ??

Or do Peoples think that TF only worth $140??

Could you please show up your receipts after years?? Dose anyone from now need to show up receipts first then could sell on kkf ??

I got lots high end knife without receipts ,

The seller is my friendly Jim , and been a sushi chef for 15 years , my friend or coworker been gone to lots States !

The end , please Don't comment on people casually if you didn’t know the truth!

Last edited:
Guys - all these attacks and poo throwing stops here. I appreciate that people get passionate about fair play, but this has gone way past that.

The BST thread in question was reported and subsequently taken offline, so that we can take time to have a closer look. This is not over. Please give us time to sort it out.

Guys - all these attacks and poo throwing stops here. I appreciate that people get passionate about fair play, but this has gone way past that.

The BST thread in question was reported and subsequently taken offline, so that we can take time to have a closer look. This is not over. Please give us time to sort it out.

Like many others, I have my gripes from time-to-time, but... fair play, Matus. godspeed.

apologize! I overreacted today, at the pace of others!

I think we should return to our own nature. I personally think that we should n’t need to care about what others say, how it looks, facts are facts, insiders can’t see them!

just like when you are driving, you have to care about what others are saying ?

We are too busy for them :)

Every time someone craps into this cesspool of a thread, God kills a kitten.

But seriously, haven't ya'll zealots had enough? Internet is not a place capable of being policed, only a fool would believe or act otherwise.

Yes, the internet can't be policed completely. You're right.
However, these threads are incredibly useful (at least some people think so). While it doesn't change much in reality, it does allow for consumers to make decisions about future purchases. Using myself as a singular case study, there are several people on this forum that I will not do business with. It's not relevant what the business is, what they're offering me, what prices. . . all irrelevant. No business.

I think it's perfectly reasonable that a person have standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.

And in case that sentence sounds silly and something you would argue, it's one of the definitions for morals.

Pretty disappointing to see someone sell a knife for $500 that wasn’t good enough to even be sold by the maker thus given away for free.
I get it, it takes 2 to tango both a buyer and seller but sheesh.
Bad look.

Added to my “no dealings” list for sure.

Same shite, different day. Flippings been going on since day one and continues to this day. Ironic thing is the two types of flippers...... the ones who get called out and the ones that dont.

Latest posts

Back