Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not a good look for the OP. I'd looove to have gotten my hands on any of Robins very generous practice offerings he does from time to time. His such a great guy for doing it. I would have appreciated it properly. Never would have sold it. And if I'd ever had to, I'd certainly would've passed that generosity forward.

So happy Robin called the guy out. Well done! :doublethumbsup:
I hope this doesn't discourage Robin from doing this in the future. There's so much other great guys who'd appreciate it and act accordingly.

I typically offer the rare reject to trusted customers. This one was a chance I shouldn't have taken. Anyway I think good of folks and will keep with that, no worries :)

I typically offer the rare reject to trusted customers. This one was a chance I shouldn't have taken. Anyway I think good of folks and will keep with that, no worries :)

I want more seconds :( the trusted hunter still comes on hikes and gave my dad the kiridashi (is an actual carpenter by trade) traded the pettysuki, kind of miss it but owning a honesuki it because sadly redundant.

Yeah I'm glad he was called out for the attempt. I was initially intrigued, because I've wanted to get or at the very least try a dalman for quite some time.

As has been discussed at length, I don't think banning is gonna do anything, neither do I think the mods will do so. A new account with different name and email isn't exactly hard to do. All we can do it flag the sale here as labor has, and call this ******** out and ignore his forum contributions. And if we come across his name in future transactions, don't buy from him or sell to him, and thus we take back what control we can exert on our little community.

In the next few weeks the forum will be changing to XenForo software. One of the neat features, all new members registrations are checked against Spam and banned members. In names, IP addresses and emails. A little more difficult than in vB.

In the next few weeks the forum will be changing to XenForo software. One of the neat features, all new members registrations are checked against Spam and banned members. In names, IP addresses and emails. A little more difficult than in vB.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know!
Out of interest, has this member been banned, or just the sale thread closed? Obviously this has been talked about at length and I don't want to flog a dead horse, but if it's the former, have the bst rules been updated to make it clear that sort of behaviour won't be tolerated?

That's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know!
Out of interest, has this member been banned, or just the sale thread closed? Obviously this has been talked about at length and I don't want to flog a dead horse, but if it's the former, have the bst rules been updated to make it clear that sort of behaviour won't be tolerated?

He's still here from what I can tell, had to check on marcs old profile to see what someone banned actually looks like for comparison.

He's still here from what I can tell, had to check on marcs old profile to see what someone banned actually looks like for comparison.
:spitcoffee:

I will admit that made me laugh.

Marc is alive and well. He had plenty of eye-popping hardware at the ECG yesterday. And while he is on the Fora, he is mainly active on IG these days.

:spitcoffee:

I will admit that made me laugh.

Marc is alive and well. He had plenty of eye-popping hardware at the ECG yesterday. And while he is on the Fora, he is mainly active on IG these days.

No worries, he liked my instagram post earlier today, something about regretting wearing sweat pants while looking at his cris anderson gyuto.

@RDalman would it not be advisable to come up with some second maker's mark that you only apply to what meets your own quality standards 1000%, so anything you sell as seconds or experimental will clearly be recognizable as such unless someone is willing to commit actual forgery?

@RDalman would it not be advisable to come up with some second maker's mark that you only apply to what meets your own quality standards 1000%, so anything you sell as seconds or experimental will clearly be recognizable as such unless someone is willing to commit actual forgery?

What I will be doing is either stamp in some xx over the logo, or grind it off, in case I finish a "second".

What I will be doing is either stamp in some xx over the logo, or grind it off, in case I finish a "second".

Adding a mark on top, or second mark is a smarter idea. That way you can say all of your legit knives have a maker's mark. If you grind the mark off, someone could try and pass off some other knife as one of yours.

That's a good idea. I'll lookup poop kanji.

Maybe not a poop imoji lol, look up "sample" or "tester" id feel like **** if I was cooking a meal for my family and the maker said the knife was crap in such an outright fashion

Evan I didn't expect you to be that sensitive:running:. I could stamp in "mr Hankey" then maybe for a more classy poo.

Evan I didn't expect you to be that sensitive:running:. I could stamp in "mr Hankey" then maybe for a more classy poo.

What can I say around my knives I'm one step away from a parent. And Mr hanky would be hilarious.

I second the idea of puting Mr. Hankey in japanese on the seconds (no pun intended). ミスター•ハニー , would look like a Misono
And It would be pretty funny to see it on the Antique Roadshow in the future, having an expert explain why it say that.

I think i should charge same prices as they do on BST right now for Shigefusa :p They make even more profit then me without paying taxes and costume fees

Back