Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a non native I don’t really know the difference between forging and forgery.

As a native (American, but not a Native American), I am continually impressed by how perfectly you and other members from non-English-speaking countries speak English. Perfect, but also with a broad command of unusual vocabulary, and not just the knife specific stuff. I suppose there’s some self selection going on when you choose to join a knife forum conducted in English, and I know there are lots of people in the world that speak more than one language perfectly, so maybe I’m not surprised, but I am humbled, given my own difficulties with foreign languages.

As a native (American, but not a Native American), I am continually impressed by how perfectly you and other members from non-English-speaking countries speak English. Perfect, but also with a broad command of unusual vocabulary, and not just the knife specific stuff. I suppose there’s some self selection going on when you choose to join a knife forum conducted in English, and I know there are lots of people in the world that speak more than one language perfectly, so maybe I’m not surprised, but I am humbled, given my own difficulties with foreign languages.
Don’t flatter me! I’m navelludd! (Was it navel lint?).

I also joined because I like the fact that people are using and caring for their knives and helping us noobies to learn how to do the same. I hope the forum can hold onto that.

Would it make sense to have a category for something that essentially means "knives as investments"? That way when such a post appears, it can be politely pointed to that section as already happens with other subjects here. Otherwise the post must be left alone, which mixes in yet another investment post, or removed, which is a lot more drastic.

The problem is that there's a grey area between budget knives that are obviously for hard use and collector knives that are for sitting in boxes. You could argue that this grey area (if broadly interpreted) accounts for 90% of all knives in BST.

Is there something wrong with just ignoring the collector type posts? You can always react to the post with a laugh emoji. :)

The problem is that there's a grey area between budget knives that are obviously for hard use and collector knives that are for sitting in boxes. You could argue that this grey area (if broadly interpreted) accounts for 90% of all knives in BST.

Is there something wrong with just ignoring the collector type posts? You can always react to the post with a laugh emoji. :)

Quick detour: what is your avatar image (the arcs)?

Top of the page here, for instance, although the image is really from this little paper.

Thanks. I'm trying to muddle through Lie groups so I can recognize some of the terminology of the paper but not the significance of Nielsen equivalence. I was going to guess it was something mathematical, though. :)

Reactions: ian
Back