Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ian

Not banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just glad we were able to have a brief, measured and reasonable discussion about this for once. Last time it came up it degenerated into pages of name calling.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Interesting 'Kenichi' Shiraki honyaki on BST. At least seller isn't claiming it's an Ashi Honyaki.... but is it a Kenichi Shiraki blade? Shiraki Hamono would be more accurate.

Apocalypse

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting 'Kenichi' Shiraki honyaki on BST. At least seller isn't claiming it's an Ashi Honyaki.... but is it a Kenichi Shiraki blade? Shiraki Hamono would be more accurate.

Oh snap. This looks very similar to the one in this thread.

tostadas

Reaction score

Oh snap. This looks very similar to the one in this thread.
Kanji looks a bit different tho, no?

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Kanji looks a bit different tho, no?
Looks darn close to me. Maybe lighting is obscuring some of the chisel marks. Plus theres the arrangement of kanji, box, handle, saya, Kono-style machi gap etc etc. These were readily available in different sizes on the Japanese auction sites earlier this year.

Last edited:

tostadas

Reaction score
Looks darn close to me. Plus theres the arrangement of kanji, box, handle, saya, Kono-style machi gap etc etc.
The bottom kanji character looks different to me. But then again, I can't read it... so what do I know. But I agree the overall package looks very similar.

cheflife15

Reaction score
Just want to add how annoying it is when someone says they'll buy it in a pm, then says never mind after updating the thread with spf. The person who most recently did it to me did it to me last time I sold something too. Put on ignore list moving forward.

cheflife15

Reaction score
Respect for calling yourself out
Lol I was going to leave his name out of it. Has nothing to do with being a flipper but it's annoying when you're trying to sell something. Now I have to re contact people who I told no to. This is after having them commit to the last knife (a kamon) and then not answer messages.

Bico Doce

You wanna get nuts? Come on! Let’s get nuts!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I was going to leave his name out of it. Has nothing to do with being a flipper but it's annoying when you're trying to sell something. Now I have to re contact people who I told no to. This is after having them commit to the last knife (a kamon) and then not answer messages.
And respect to you for not naming him, I understand you wanted to vent a bit after 2 poor experiences

TSF415

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not commit to the Kamon. I didn't even remember that because I have a pretty impeccable BST track record. So I went back and looked. I said if you decide to sell instead of trading than contact me first and then when you were willing to sell I wasn't interested,

Today I said I wanted to buy the set. Then I had some questions about it and there were a few hours in-between message replies. Ive had quite a crapy day at work and then decided it wasn't a wise decision to spend money in that way. For sure that wasn't great on my part but come on man. Sorry you have to circle back in messages to everyone else but I'm pretty sure that in our 4-5 message transaction that I didn't do anything to harm your sell.

cheflife15

Reaction score
I did not commit to the Kamon. I didn't even remember that because I have a pretty impeccable BST track record. So I went back and looked. I said if you decide to sell instead of trading than contact me first and then when you were willing to sell I wasn't interested,

Today I said I wanted to buy the set. Then I had some questions about it and there were a few hours in-between message replies. Ive had quite a crapy day at work and then decided it wasn't a wise decision to spend money in that way. For sure that wasn't great on my part but come on man. Sorry you have to circle back in messages to everyone else but I'm pretty sure that in our 4-5 message transaction that I didn't do anything to harm your sell.

Just as I said in the bst thread, this conversation doesn't need to continue. I didn't even out your name. I simply made a statement of how that happening is annoying and I'm sure lots of other posters have agreed. I get the industry is tough and I'm sure your night sucked. Go relax and realize this isn't some attack on you or your character. It's just something that's simply annoying. Have a good night.

stringer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as I said in the bst thread, this conversation doesn't need to continue. I didn't even out your name. I simply made a statement of how that happening is annoying and I'm sure lots of other posters have agreed. I get the industry is tough and I'm sure your night sucked. Go relax and realize this isn't some attack on you or your character. It's just something that's simply annoying. Have a good night.
-1 off-topic

ian

Not banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, are you really going to wrap up this disagreement in like 5 posts without any significant conflict or name calling? I come to this thread to be entertained. Where’s my content?

Edit: Oooh, I found more content in the BST thread. Good work!

Last edited: