Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no one is stoked about me posting the Anryu, well, I was told by a few people after posting my collection on insta that they were going for around that price and I really could use the money right now. Sorry to anyone I somehow offended.

Dude. That's 60% above MSRP for an used and sharpened multiple times knife, er, collectable. If you get one LNIB or BNIB or almost LBNIB and you might be looking at 70-80%.

Probably not on BST but ya know, think Reddit!

Yep i realize I irritated some people for trying here, sorry if this isn't the community for this. However my post was completely honest and has been sharpened only once and used less than 10x total, likely less than 6x. No lying involved here.

Sorry I read your comment as "sharpened multiple times"

Anyways as I just said on my post it's cool that you all have such a tight knit community of knife lovers and I wish you all the best

I grant you that I could've arranged that better.

This is a tight community and this is a thread for us to carry on about what we perceive as crazy prices and at times, outright dishonesty. Such comments should never happen in the actual sale thread and sellers should be free to list anything they want for whatever price they choose. If someone pays for it, then so be it for all involved.

For me, right or wrong, the Anryu craze just strikes a nerve. Don't get me wrong, I still think that was an insane price and a cash-grab, but there's no rules against either.

I wouldn't say you should create a new profile as you mentioned in another post. Just hang around, engage, and see if the community is a good fit.

I hope whatever situation you're in sorts itself out and gets better soon.

Anyways as I just said on my post it's cool that you all have such a tight knit community of knife lovers and I wish you all the best

Sometimes it's like an old boys club - and sometimes it's just the guys bitching in their rockers. And this thread is the porch:cool:

Yep i realize I irritated some people for trying here, sorry if this isn't the community for this. However my post was completely honest and has been sharpened only once and used less than 10x total, likely less than 6x. No lying involved here.
Hey, I can totally respect that you actually put the crazy markup on your thread. Even if the price is ridiculous there is an honesty and a genuineness about your approach that I can definitely respect. What I mean is I believe, perhaps, you got some kind of bad advice about jacking up the anryu, which I have seen some of lately. True knife nuts will know better, but there will be sone fooled by it. It’s pretty lame thing in general to do. But not only did you put on the thread your markup, but you also came on here and faced everyone. You should stick around you might actually like the community and might learn a little something. I don’t mean this in a condescending way. I’m being honest. Most people that are doing stuff stench of douche and know how devious they are being. They hide behind forum rules and would run and hide from critics instead of coming in here and facing people. I have a feeling you are not a bad dude, but I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

Hey, I can totally respect that you actually put the crazy markup on your thread. Even if the price is ridiculous there is an honesty and a genuineness about your approach that I can definitely respect. What I mean is I believe, perhaps, you got some kind of bad advice about jacking up the anryu, which I have seen some of lately. True knife nuts will know better, but there will be sone fooled by it. It’s pretty lame thing in general to do. But not only did you put on the thread your markup, but you also came on here and faced everyone. You should stick around you might actually like the community and might learn a little something. I don’t mean this in a condescending way. I’m being honest. Most people that are doing stuff stench of douche and know how devious they are being. They hide behind forum rules and would run and hide from critics instead of coming in here and facing people. I have a feeling you are not a bad dude, but I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.
You're wrong, I'm horrible. Hahaha I'm kidding. Thanks for the nice words for real!! I'm a knife nut just like you all, I just had received inflated information on the Anryu situation I suppose. Was told gyuto's were going for $750 so I figured a big ol' Suji would pull $800 no problem. Oh well, I inadvertently found a cool place I hadn't heard of before. It's also rad that you guys have a thread like this to watch out for each other

You're wrong, I'm horrible. Hahaha I'm kidding. Thanks for the nice words for real!! I'm a knife nut just like you all, I just had received inflated information on the Anryu situation I suppose. Was told gyuto's were going for $750 so I figured a big ol' Suji would pull $800 no problem. Oh well, I inadvertently found a cool place I hadn't heard of before. It's also rad that you guys have a thread like this to watch out for each other
You sound like a cool guy who would fit in well. It's just that we've had quite a few folks as of late who show up with a supporting membership just to try and flip stuff for outrageous prices.

He seems nice. The FS post is a byproduct of being able to bypass the 50 post rule by donating to the forum. A little time spent knocking around in the forums would have given yparker a better feel for the forum. Hopefully he sticks around a while and enjoys himself.

He seems nice. The FS post is a byproduct of being able to bypass the 50 post rule by donating to the forum. A little time spent knocking around in the forums would have given yparker a better feel for the forum. Hopefully he sticks around a while and enjoys himself.
I intend to :)

Have a cool collection to share later. I mostly buy from up and coming makers around the globe, that Anryu is my only knife from Japan remaining actually

Oh crap! Did somebody actually buy that knife for $800???
No lol, someone acted like they were going to, but I went into their post history and they frequented this exact thread (which is how I found it), and had even said that they don't think people should be allowed to buy that membership to post on BST. (I would have had better chances if I was around beforehand so maybe he's right anyways)

so I'm 95% sure he was messing with me. After all the reactions I was getting I decided just to leave it alone and mark it closed

Last edited:
Just as an aside. . . there was a knife made by shiro kamo's dad I saw awhile ago. . . and it was only $170. Which is to say, there are older forgotten blacksmiths and obscure blacksmiths, and popular ones are either the more prolific or advertised ones.

No lol, someone acted like they were going to, but I went into their post history and they frequented this exact thread (which is how I found it), and had even said that they don't think people should be allowed to buy that membership to post on BST. (I would have had better chances if I was around beforehand so maybe he's right anyways)

so I'm 95% sure he was messing with me. After all the reactions I was getting I decided just to leave it alone and mark it closed
Also, it really is like a $300 knife, so your markup is closer to about 166 percent or 2.666 times.

Back