Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He definitely made that saya. Good god man 😢
I'm not so sure. Seems like someone made it for a knife with a much larger handle?
I actually do think he probably made the sayas because the craftsmanship does not match the blade or handle.

But there's no way he does anything close to actual forging. Convenient that he is unable to have any photos of anything prior to final knife shape. I recall he claimed at one point that he forged the steel himself, then sent it out to get cut with water jet. And then heat treated elsewhere. Sounds like exactly what someone that makes knives would do... If they didn't actually make the knives.

Seems he hasn’t been banned again, but all the WTS posts he put up in the last week or so have disappeared

Maybe he’s going on another camping trip.

Also for anyone who missed it, here is his explanation…

58BF1402-EBDE-4E5B-BC1C-18E6915FCE9D.jpeg

727E5405-4F88-4DE8-BA40-BC253AB56B03.jpeg

Am I reading this right?

"I'm selling them for him, but only because I didn't know that he was a scumbag. Oh, and he took pics of these because he had them at the time, because he wanted first crack at the knives that I'm selling."

That is one convoluted ******* excuse.

That whole WTT thread was hot garbage from the get-go. If you’re new to this, here’s your 101 course for a hustle- and it goes like this: Here’s my amazing bait knife, hit me with some trades of ‘like value’ though I’m conveniently unaware & unwilling to proclaim any approximate value- oh & btw its got shaky provenance; and finally let’s bathe this oddity in an even weirder cover story. Let’s hope to then start a frenzy in the PM’s & see how many I can hook, All tied up with a a fkn bow and sweet authentic sounding story.

Listen, the red flags are all here- and in the worst case scenario- this followed by a sham tracking number to a non-existent address near your home (it was a thing here a number of years ago, not saying it was this guy, but should be reminded every now and again).

That whole WTT thread was hot garbage from the get-go. If you’re new to this, here’s your 101 course for a hustle- and it goes like this: Here’s my amazing bait knife, hit me with some trades of ‘like value’ though I’m conveniently unaware & unwilling to proclaim any approximate value- oh & btw its got shaky provenance; and finally let’s bathe this oddity in an even weirder cover story. Let’s hope to then start a frenzy in the PM’s & see how many I can hook, All tied up with a a fkn bow and sweet authentic sounding story.

Listen, the red flags are all here- and in the worst case scenario- this followed by a sham tracking number to a non-existent address near your home (it was a thing here a number of years ago, not saying it was this guy, but should be reminded every now and again).
The package redirection mid transit ploy is another classic scammer MO.

I have an inkling which WTT thread it was, but can't seem to find it. Did it get scrubbed?

Not sure where else to put this but his name appeared on this thread and thought it was funny....the famous kligore calling me out for selling my isasmedjan as a gyuto on reddit when its not Japanese LOL. Heard his name as a legend of the form so very humbled to have witnessed his presence first hand. I wonder if anything less than tamahagane forged by a licensed swordsmith is not japanese....wait till he hears about swedish steel lol

kligore.png

This Kilgore guy seems more aggressive than passive aggressive. To me, they vibe different kinds of a**hole. And Sparten wouldn’t be caught dead selling his “own” work. That’s beneath him as a collector.
I was just a victim of kligore aggression, it's brutal...

Not sure where else to put this but his name appeared on this thread and thought it was funny....the famous kligore calling me out for selling my isasmedjan as a gyuto on reddit when its not Japanese LOL. Heard his name as a legend of the form so very humbled to have witnessed his presence first hand. I wonder if anything less than tamahagane forged by a licensed swordsmith is not japanese....wait till he hears about swedish steel lol

View attachment 211047
Jesus christ.

Does this guy think he's actually making a good point? I mean what should you call it? Sweedyuto?

To him, if it was anything less than forged steel with iron sands from the beaches of japan, made by master swordsmiths, it could probably not be japanese enough to be a gyuto
Would love to hear his thoughts on Togo Reigo steel. Or Swedish steel for that matter used by Shigefusa. Clearly he has no understanding of the meaning gyuto. That it is a profile not a brand or symbol of cultural identity. Wish he put more efforts into ensuring his own manufacture met exacting standards, rather than pontificate.

Last edited:

View attachment 211047
You shoulda just told him you made it yourself. I'm sure he'd understand it better that way

After going back and reading the thread. Does anyone have a link to the famous kilgore woodworking post? Ive got to see it.

Last edited:
Back