Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get it. You want to sell knives at whatever price you feel like selling them at and expect no one to comment on it. That’s not going to happen here.
Cry me a river.

Y’all can and do comment all you want, so whats your point? Its kinda funny how you guys get upset and worked up over this stuff.

Craig, I didn't take you to be a Timberlake fan...hoped you had better taste in music

Dont-feed-the-trolls.png

Signing out of this.

Yea, throwing shade on someone's music tastes is off topic. Maybe we can start a new thread named "Bad Taste Alert" and put this stuff in there to keep the current conversation focused.

In general I agree with you, private property is that and can be done with as the owner wishes. Like you said, once paid for it is yours. This is a different case though as the knife wasn't paid for it was a special arrangement between the maker and the community. "Flipping" is allowed on the forum and negative comments are not allowed in the BST threads. On the other hand members of the community are free to discuss prices in other threads, why would that not be allowed?

I also don't think anyone is being a victim for missing out on an expensive knife because someone else snagged it on BST to sell for profit later. Annoying yes, but seriously not buying essentials here. Again different case here though, so not sure what point you are trying to make.

One good thing is that knives that Brian buys go into a black hole of knives not to be sold again, so at least with one of these there is no fear of future misunderstanding by someone else:LOL:

Last edited:
I understand Robin is upset and people dont agree with that member’s decision but what gives the community the right to have a say in regards to private property?

Once it becomes private property, its up to the owner what they do with it. Bottom line.

For example, when you sell a used car to someone, does it matter what Ford or GM or Toyota thinks about the pricing? They made it, put a price on it, and got paid what they asked. Once paid for, its your property and their opinion is moot.
This is nonsense in the context of this thread and even more so in the context of the particular incident being discussed.

I'd be ****ing upset if I give something for free and then that person turned around to sell it for a chunk of money. Even more do if it might misrepresent what my work is like.

No one is saying flipping is illegal or should even be against the rules of this forum. This thread is to identify the users that use this community as a source of profit so that other members who sell high demand knives at cost can ensure they sell to someone that shares their community spirit. I don't really see the issue, flippers can keep flipping and if I choose to sell a shig at RRP I can make sure I'm selling it to someone that will use it and then sell it on at RRP. This way the forum works for everyone, so stop saying this thread has no purpose.

It seems that some are having a considerably worse weekend than others. Seems that the two sales brought a lot of emotions - and I can fully understand that. I can also understand the spread of opinions. But I am not pleased by all the personal attacks, hate and name calling.

I am going to save everyone of my personal opinion on this topic, and kindly ask everyone who is about to throw something smelly, than they should rather put it down, wash their hands, take a deep breath and if they still have an opinion to share, then do that in a respectable manner. Give it a try please.

Thanks Matus. My dog's name was "********" and aspersions are being cast on his memory.

We've left this part of this thread alone but there are rules about personal attacks and if this goes further there will be some wholesale housecleaning.

And for those Timberlake fans, the best thing about him is that he's from Canada and not the states.........

Sorry Matus I posted before reading your request for peace.

I am not trying to shut the discussion, just make it more civil. And I do not see any insults in your post so we are cool.

And yes, I know who do you mean. Some more regular flippers actually moved their 'business' outside KKF - mainly IG and some FB groups - as the mood here slowly turned against flipping. There is a LOT of business happening outside KKF that here would not be well received here.

And for those Timberlake fans, the best thing about him is that he's from Canada and not the states.........
That’s Bieber, Dave. I’ll let that slide, but who knows how the Canadians will take that...

I’ve actually reconsidered my feelings towards Katos and shigs “flippery” and whatnot.
The time when you somehow lucked out and got a kato for like $450 was so so long ago at this point it really is people selling something for $1100 that they paid $1100 for.
When Valgard posted that nice shig 270mm yo Kasumi gyuto recently for $2500 my first thought was “I bet it could sell for $2800 or even $3k. That’s a good deal.”
It sold in 30 minutes.

Drew Brees as a Pope? Oddly enough the saints organization is in hot water right now for allegedly assisting the Catholic Church in....well that’s a hot potato we shouldn’t discuss.

Back