Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally off topic but... I saw "cry me a river" and Justin Timberlake mentioned. Had to look that one up. Guess I'm just too old for this crowd. The Cry me a River I'm familiar with was written by Arthur Hamilton around the time of my birth. Been recorded by many but no one comes close to Ella Fitzgerald's various renditions.

Though there has been lots of muck tossed around, I actually agree with the mods here. I like this thread and the education it can provide, but make an effort to not be directly insulting. I will never do business with some of the commenters here. No, that doesn’t make me better or worse. It’s a personal choice. And yes, I would like the greater community to be aware of people like this so that they can decide for themselves. For. Themselves.

However, I was led to believe that the Jknife community had a love for knives and wasn’t about profit or jealousy. Of course, many examples in my time here have proved me wrong, but I will choose to live in the community I want to be a part of. No jealousy over possessions and no taking advantage of demand and other people for profits. And THAT is also a personal choice.

Outside of a legal framework, these are all choices and it’s incumbent upon the members to share info so that others can make educated choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though there has been lots of muck tossed around, I actually agree with the mods here. I like this thread and the education it can provide, but make an effort to not be directly insulting. I will never do business with some of the commenters here. No, that doesn’t make me better or worse. It’s a personal choice. And yes, I would like the greater community to be aware of people like this so that they can decide for themselves. For. Themselves.

However, I was led to believe that the Jknife community had a love for knives and wasn’t about profit or jealousy. Of course, many examples in my time here have proved me wrong, but I will choose to live in the community I want to be a part of. No jealousy over possessions and no taking advantage of demand and other people for profits. And THAT is also a personal choice.

Outside of a legal framework, these are all choices and it’s incumbent upon the members to share info so that others can make educated choices.
i'm super jealous over the only known member in here with a honyaki version of the KS..

@bkultra

i'm super jealous over the only known member in here with a honyaki version of the KS..

@bkultra

Hahahaha. Jealousy in and of itself, as long as it can be had with the absence of malice, is natural.
As an example, I’m not jealous of anyone who has Ashi’s, yo-Kato or stuff like that. Something we should be “jealous” of? Beautiful families with healthy and happy children.

Forgive me for being that guy, but. . . Perspective.

Well...if I can get $10k for a kato somebody gave me I'ma be a flippin' MF!

Dolphin-flip.jpg

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...er alert?

Get it? :flippingpan:

Well there is also a hazenberg that looks awfully similar to something sold for a lot less in 2018.
Of course Hazenberg does charge a lot more these days for his newer selections.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone wonders, kurouchi 210 Kato workhorse sells for about half ...
Kato wh ku 210 for 825$? Where and when? kato damascus 240 was 1600$ for retail so we should take that for reference? I would be ok with that.

Back