Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk... fluency is not really a problem. Just like almost everyone in France is fluent in French, almost everyone who does math for a living is fluent in math. What's more difficult is having the technical skill and breadth of knowledge to solve hard problems.

Well there is a custom handle and labor cost. And when you add shipping there probably isn't really that much profit.

That you for pointing this out. Not to defend dubious behavior but there are a number of newer members here who may not yet fully understand the accepted etiquette.

So it’s wrong for me to buy knives, test them out, and sell them if they don’t fit what I’m looking for? Come on now.

So it’s wrong for me to buy knives, test them out, and sell them if they don’t fit what I’m looking for? Come on now.
I think many on the forum feel like it's in bad taste for an enthusiast to be out to blatantly turn a profit. If you buy on the forum, many take it as a common courtesy to link the original BST post where you bought from for the sake of transparency. It's also the why people post the vendor when they buy from one. Many people care whether they're getting the factory grind vs what another user put on, so obfuscating that is also usually in poor taste.

Imo you look even worst trying to justify yourself saying you just tested the edges. You didn't need to buy 3 of the same knife to test the edge and then make a profit of $300. Also if you really "tested the edge" why are you selling as new?

Imo you look even worst trying to justify yourself saying you just tested the edges. You didn't need to buy 3 of the same knife to test the edge and then make a profit of $300. Also if you really "tested the edge" why are you selling as new?
I’m having dinner with family but I’ll do my best. The seller would not sell the knives separately. They needed to be bought as a package deal.
I’m testing more than the edge out.

Back