Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
👜

Of all the things to take objection to on this thread, picking up on a little bit of mock dramatic booing seems a little strange. I believe you’re British - the pantomime thing should make sense to you

To be fair - and sorry @M1k3 - it wasn’t really working for me either, We all need a flipping villain to materialise and it’ll drop into place. I’ll probably join the chorus of powerless booing then too.

Do you consider posting this pavlovian repetitive drivel to be remotely amusing...for the several hundredth time :(

Actually, reading that again, Bbbooo to you. In the absence of a proper scoundrel, your mention of pavlovian drivel seems to brought out some kind of compulsive, erm Pavlovian reaction in me. Boo hiss (etc).

Look what you’ve both done to me, you barstewards.

maker_fujiwara.jpg

I’m counting on Bryan and other makers increasing their price to the fair market value so that I can actually get a chance to buy their knives. I don’t like the type of flippers who take advantage of people’s kindness (buy low on BST just to sell high), but I think there’s nothing wrong with the other type of flippers who manage to buy rare stuff at original price and sell for high market price. That’s how the market works. The huge gap between the original price and market price will always encourage flipping until it’s not enough for the effort and cost. And I even think this type of flippers do add value because they actually make the knife available. If there is a flipper selling Kaiju for 1.2k (double the original price) I’m sure there will be buyers appreciating and thanking him for making access to Kaiju possible.

I’m counting on Bryan and other makers increasing their price to the fair market value so that I can actually get a chance to buy their knives. I don’t like the type of flippers who take advantage of people’s kindness (buy low on BST just to sell high), but I think there’s nothing wrong with the other type of flippers who manage to buy rare stuff at original price and sell for high market price. That’s how the market works. The huge gap between the original price and market price will always encourage flipping until it’s not enough for the effort and cost. And I even think this type of flippers do add value because they actually make the knife available. If there is a flipper selling Kaiju for 1.2k (double the original price) I’m sure there will be buyers appreciating and thanking him for making access to Kaiju possible.
for a moment i thought I misclicked on the unpopular opinions thread lol

Yeah Gen 1 was pretty much the same to Gen 2 pricewise, around 260€(+Vat)+ shipping.
I think the Gen 2 knives are a bit better than Gen 1. Imo one of the best price performance ratios you usually get in the knife world. Sold mine because I also got another custom Kamon and didn't like that it was rather reactive, though not super much and the handle collected dirt.
Imo Custom>Gen2>Gen1.
Price is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Yup.
The whole idea of Kamon's "production" line was to make them affordable so that people could try his work without plunking/waiting for a custom--price/performance ratio is a nice way to put it...
I put a WTB up not long ago and got multiple offers sub-$400.

Last edited:
That guy pretty much said he's a flipper and doesn't care what you think, because he's not doing anything against the forum rules. And will continue stretching the truth, to put it nicely. I personally don't trust a single thing he says, which makes things ez for me. No extra thinking needed, simply ignore.

Back