Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah Ian, don't be a wet blanket.
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.08.06 AM.png

This thread is truly beginnning to piss me off, I feel like people are milking it to the last drop and the punishment is getting unreal.

Everyone is suddenly a wizard, just let that sink in and flush it down with some whiskey.

I will see myself out and find a pisstol to shoot myself.

I know it was a bit tryhard, but sometimes its really hard getting it out.

This thread is truly beginnning to piss me off, I feel like people are milking it to the last drop and the punishment is getting unreal.

Everyone is suddenly a wizard, just let that sink in and flush it down with some whiskey.

I will see myself out and find a pisstol to shoot myself.

I know it was a bit tryhard, but sometimes its really hard getting it out.

Sometimes you just need to shake it off.

So this died down and I assume the main character this centered around hasn’t been able to sell his stuff like he had hoped. I think a lot of the agitation here was because of how shady his wording was.

Knife just got posted to BST. So my question is how people here feel when a member isn’t a d-bag and posts previous sale links for transparency including the one where the current knife was likely purchased for at least $250 less than the current seller’s price. Is it an “acceptable” flip because of the transparency and if he doesn’t sell, then he doesn’t sell? Or is a flip a flip a flip and truly frowned upon regardless of how transparent the seller is?

I understand both sides.

A while back I was negotiating to buy a knife on this site. A “sideline popcorn eater” jumped in arguing that seller should not lower price because the popcorn eater had the same knife and paid more for it!

OMG, all he wanted to do was interfere to artificially inflate the market value of his knife!

Popcorn eater had no interest in the transaction.

IMHO that is also a problem.

Net result … popcorn eater’s interference in the potential sale ended attempts to buy the knife and I went another direction … not in the forum.

So the sideline commentary hurt the potential of a successful transaction on this site.

I'd say there are significantly more Katos than any of the single, popular western maker. Just a guess based on what I've seen around here.

Latest posts

Back