Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kanji looks a bit different tho, no?
Looks darn close to me. Maybe lighting is obscuring some of the chisel marks. Plus theres the arrangement of kanji, box, handle, saya, Kono-style machi gap etc etc. These were readily available in different sizes on the Japanese auction sites earlier this year.

Last edited:
Looks darn close to me. Plus theres the arrangement of kanji, box, handle, saya, Kono-style machi gap etc etc.
The bottom kanji character looks different to me. But then again, I can't read it... so what do I know. But I agree the overall package looks very similar.

Just want to add how annoying it is when someone says they'll buy it in a pm, then says never mind after updating the thread with spf. The person who most recently did it to me did it to me last time I sold something too. Put on ignore list moving forward.

Respect for calling yourself out
Lol I was going to leave his name out of it. Has nothing to do with being a flipper but it's annoying when you're trying to sell something. Now I have to re contact people who I told no to. This is after having them commit to the last knife (a kamon) and then not answer messages.

Lol I was going to leave his name out of it. Has nothing to do with being a flipper but it's annoying when you're trying to sell something. Now I have to re contact people who I told no to. This is after having them commit to the last knife (a kamon) and then not answer messages.
And respect to you for not naming him, I understand you wanted to vent a bit after 2 poor experiences

I did not commit to the Kamon. I didn't even remember that because I have a pretty impeccable BST track record. So I went back and looked. I said if you decide to sell instead of trading than contact me first and then when you were willing to sell I wasn't interested,

Today I said I wanted to buy the set. Then I had some questions about it and there were a few hours in-between message replies. Ive had quite a crapy day at work and then decided it wasn't a wise decision to spend money in that way. For sure that wasn't great on my part but come on man. Sorry you have to circle back in messages to everyone else but I'm pretty sure that in our 4-5 message transaction that I didn't do anything to harm your sell.

I did not commit to the Kamon. I didn't even remember that because I have a pretty impeccable BST track record. So I went back and looked. I said if you decide to sell instead of trading than contact me first and then when you were willing to sell I wasn't interested,

Today I said I wanted to buy the set. Then I had some questions about it and there were a few hours in-between message replies. Ive had quite a crapy day at work and then decided it wasn't a wise decision to spend money in that way. For sure that wasn't great on my part but come on man. Sorry you have to circle back in messages to everyone else but I'm pretty sure that in our 4-5 message transaction that I didn't do anything to harm your sell.

Just as I said in the bst thread, this conversation doesn't need to continue. I didn't even out your name. I simply made a statement of how that happening is annoying and I'm sure lots of other posters have agreed. I get the industry is tough and I'm sure your night sucked. Go relax and realize this isn't some attack on you or your character. It's just something that's simply annoying. Have a good night.

Just as I said in the bst thread, this conversation doesn't need to continue. I didn't even out your name. I simply made a statement of how that happening is annoying and I'm sure lots of other posters have agreed. I get the industry is tough and I'm sure your night sucked. Go relax and realize this isn't some attack on you or your character. It's just something that's simply annoying. Have a good night.
-1 off-topic

Recently Sparten007 laughed at my classified ad on the Fuji 255 mm Funayuki. So I’m curious @Sparten007 , what is so funny? I would love for you to share and we can have a good laugh. I know that when I laugh at your ads, it’s because your prices are ridiculous. And I’m quite sure that many others feel similiar, not to mention other questionable practices that others have mentioned about you. If you have something to say please do. We can discuss our current and past sales. I see yours in the feed all the time and I have plenty of them that I have sold over the years. In fact, if it was up to me we could openly discuss anything you or anyone else wanted to discuss right on the classified ad. If the mods were to let this go and let people say what they want on my ad, I would be all for it. Of course, I don’t make the rules, but if they were to turn a blind eye or let it go, because I said it was ok that would be perfectly fine with me. I do not think you would want the same open and honest discussions on your threads. That’s why you hide behind the rules and find shelter in them.

I think that admin should remove this tread and have a private chat with the OP [emoji52]
I respectfully disagree. I think it is important to air the dirty laundry for the sake of full transparency and as a deterrent effect to discourage others from disreputable conduct.

I recognize the desire to keep the forum positive, but by openly calling out improper practices we will be making it a better place by discouraging such conduct.

It is distasteful all around. But, if the wrongdoer is only privately admonished what stops him from doing it to others? And what stops others from doing the same?

For the most part this is a very positive place. Yes, some transactional threads (sales etc.) can get a little prickly ... but that is just the nature of a marketplace.

In any event, the unpleasantness of these limited situations quickly fade and the majority of us return to the various topics a little more educated about the undesirable practices which are always present.

Horse Carriage horse
439.gif

Back