Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The person in question has a history of screwing the makers and retailers from what I've seen here. Probably got the vendor to ship on some promise as there were the other two knives coming.
Got it! You can only learn from your mistakes. I Bet that vendor has added a few doublechecks before sending mdse before payment.

Is this for real? No one would send merchandise before payment.
For your reference
B2C87426-BFDA-4940-8712-2F823FD67BD3.jpeg
BAC4E2FD-BAF5-4AE0-92F2-174DEC534E72.jpeg
E2353696-E75A-4AE8-87F8-7D1E5C2DF3FB.jpeg
D42E58A2-E40C-45C4-93BC-9F7BD707BFD8.jpeg

The handle guy trying to sell at "240" handle with a 60mm hole... That might just barely fit my 160mm santoku. But the hilarious part is that he says he's offering to drill it deeper. However, his reddit post from a day ago suggests that he doesn't even know how to make a tang hole.

1642780552084.png

1642780573153.png

The handle guy trying to sell at "240" handle with a 60mm hole... That might just barely fit my 160mm santoku. But the hilarious part is that he says he's offering to drill it deeper. However, his reddit post from a day ago suggests that he doesn't even know how to make a tang hole.

View attachment 161897

View attachment 161898

My 210 HD2 had a tang of 110mm on it. And he said that 60mm hole was long enough of a tang for a 240 he made. Can we say forward balance my friends? I knew you could.

I thought an upcharge of more than double might count as flipping. The person in question swore he didn't know what I was talking about. That was until I linked him the exact handle from the maker's IG.

The same seller also claimed other handles by the same maker as his own on reddit.

I ordered a full horn handle from that maker, I didn't even know he had an IG! Two piece horn handle (handle and ferrule both horn) made to my custom measurements was less than $80 shipped from Vietnam...

I ordered a full horn handle from that maker, I didn't even know he had an IG! Two piece horn handle (handle and ferrule both horn) made to my custom measurements was less than $80 shipped from Vietnam...

If I recall, that person registered here a couple times and tried to sell his handles without becoming a vendor. Might be a different person but sure seems similar.

If I recall, that person registered here a couple times and tried to sell his handles without becoming a vendor. Might be a different person but sure seems similar.
I have no idea. I haven't been around here all that long so if he did it was before I joined. I like the handle regardless.

He did indeed and I reversed it :cool:

Appreciate that it’s a tough balance, but I‘ve just re-read the edited rosewood/rosewood handle thread and I’m a little sad how it‘s ended up. I thought it ended pretty well previously to be fair - everyone seemed fairly civil and polite, reduced to asking questions and ‘playing the BST game’; trying to expose that the seller may not know much about woodworking, let alone actually be capable of making those handles by himself.

Which actually caused him to blow and confess that he was a flipper. It felt a bit like the bit at the end of a Scooby Doo episode, where the villain whips off his mask and curses how he would have got away with if it wasn‘t for those ‘pesky KKFers,’ only with the added value of an unconvincing rant about his capitalist right to act like an unprincipled tosser and how he‘d wasted $30 on supporting membership In the hope of mugging others off. Links to the flipper lthread were provided, buyers could make an informed choice whether to buy his overpriced ‘refinish’ of someone else‘s work and all was good with the world; job done.

Which is why it’s a little grating that someone official has basically whipped the villain’s mask back on, erased all trace of the deception and then threatened Fred and his beards not to do the same again, or he’ll impound the mystery van and sod up the scooby snacks for good, And he can still sell someone else‘s work, carefully crafting his words to suggest that he’s made those handles rather than just added a lick of oil and a massive mark up

No answers really - and you can probably gather I’m more comatose than angry - but it all seems a bit muddled and dissatisfactory, a free pass for asshats and those keen to mislead.

OK, I'm going to ask straight up. Is Mr. Trout also the banned Mr. Sparten? The similarities in personality, philosophy, behavior, and writing style seem amazingly matched.

OK, I'm going to ask straight up. Is Mr. Trout also the banned Mr. Sparten? The similarities in personality, philosophy, behavior, and writing style seem amazingly matched.
MisterTrout.png

Or this character?

Last edited:

This Kilgore guy seems more aggressive than passive aggressive. To me, they vibe different kinds of a**hole. And Sparten wouldn’t be caught dead selling his “own” work. That’s beneath him as a collector.

My Flipdar says no. The new guy has added distinct geek snd incel flava to the gitmix.

Sperten had some nice knives for sale too, made by capable makers. And the new guy has a knife for sale, best leave It at that

My Flipdar says no. The new guy has added distinct geek snd incel flava to the gitmix.

Sperten had some nice knives for sale too, made by capable makers. And the new guy has a knife for sale, best leave It at that

I am adding "Flipdar" to my vocabulary. I will try to remember to credit you, but no promises.

This Kilgore guy seems more aggressive than passive aggressive. To me, they vibe different kinds of a**hole. And Sparten wouldn’t be caught dead selling his “own” work. That’s beneath him as a collector an influencer.

Fixed that for you. I’m hoping they unban Sparty and BST welcomes him with open arms to sell the knives from this fellow. If he paid nothing, a penny+ in price is a flip and will give this thread the legs it needs.

The Kilgoretrout guy is flipping handles like he made them and admitted it? By the time I read the thread it was sanitized or flippershipped.

Back