Food Processor for Meat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxhaus

Reaction score
I was out of chili meat and hamburger meat but I had some round steak ends so I thought maybe could cut them up. I have an old Cuisinart food processor that worked ok. I could not put many pieces of meat in at once but it chopped them up. If I put too many meat pieces in the whole machine rocked. Anybody using a Food Processor chopping meat up. It works in a pinch.

I may start doing this more. It is a better quality of meat than what I buy. It is really lean. I don't if that will be a problem. I added extra oil.

I kind of wished I had not given away my meat grinder but I don't want to store it.

Cold is key - you probably know that if you've used a meat grinder. Another key is pulsing the food processor, not leaving it running steadily. I process proteins everyday for therapeutic diets, one of which calls for proteins to be processed to a ground texture. Robot Coupe or Cuisinart FTW.

Should you or Mrs have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, the grinder attachment (metal) works pretty well for small quantities.

We have a Kitchen Aid mixer. Maybe I will think about a grinder attachment.

Is it worth buying a Robot Coupe food processor for home? Our Cuisinart food processor is really old as it was one of the original ones. The plastic is starting to wear.

While food processor will work as many have said, especially if you freeze the meat for 30 min before, I do have to wonder how quickly it will dull the blades...

I have a meat grinder and I use it probably 4-5 times a year, but when I do, I grind about 10-15lbs and then seal/store as needed.

As for robot coupe. I never used one, but I seen them and they seem to be very good... just a matter to be able to justify the coast for use case basis... It also depends what size you need.

(p.s selflish self promo: I am selling a 16 cup food processor and a pretty good meat grinder in the sale forums... both are new.. :D)

The Robot Coupe food processors are awesome. Unfortunately, their price is awesome, too…

Is it worth buying a Robot Coupe food processor for home? Our Cuisinart food processor is really old as it was one of the original ones. The plastic is starting to wear.
If you want something that'll last several generations in a home environment, yes. That said, they are way over built for home use. And quite ugly utilitarian.

I killed my Kitchen Aid mixer by using the grinder attachment too much.

Granted, I like to do things like buy 12 lbs of short ribs and chuck, and turn it all into burgers for the freezer.

Now I have a proper grinder. And no Kitchen Aid mixer.

I think it's overkill unless you're routinely cooking for more than 50 people . Only if you need the extra capacity. I would replace your old Cuisinart with a new one. So much cheaper and most of what you are paying for with the Robot Coupe is being able to handle industrial loads for a decade. You just won't have that kind of volume at home to make it worthwhile.

Robot Coupe has a home line called Magimix. I haven’t used one but they might be a good quality option. There are so many junk quality food processors even expensive ones. I can’t buy blades for mine because it’s discontinued.

I was looking at importing a Magimix mini because all the small food processors on the market are junk.

Robot Coupe has a home line called Magimix. I haven’t used one but they might be a good quality option. There are so many junk quality food processors even expensive ones. I can’t buy blades for mine because it’s discontinued.

I was looking at importing a Magimix mini because all the small food processors on the market are junk.
I used my Magimix 5200XL weekly for pulverising meat in the large bowl. Capacity is 3kg.

I use a Magimix (large one) for meat every week. It's great.

Back