For dogowners - Furminator

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could get my dog to hold still long enough I would get one.

Can this be used on humans as well :shocked3:

Been using one for about 5 years on my Husky mutt. She's got a true 2-layer coat and it's the Inner layer that sheds. Using the furminator is the only way to remove that hair, at least short of giving her a bath. I wouldn't say "no more hair", at least for her.. but at least it doesn't form into clumps on a daily basis.

IMG_3062.JPG

Great post. I've been leery of shelling out the big bucks for one. Looks like the perfect product for our Husky but really wanted a testimonial first. Will pick one up in the spring when she molts. Thanks again.

-AJ

This is literally the greatest tool ever for taking off excess dog hair. My dad bought one years ago and we still use it. At times we can pull off enough hair to equal another dog!

Not at all. But my dog is a weird freak, she has no issues having nails clipped, being brushed (she gets excited... and then fidgety after 10 minutes or so) and loves baths. She just stands there and watches you. I'm not exactly gentle with the dog either, grabbing a handfull of hair to pull the skin taught when doing her neck.

One thing, do NOT skip the legs, even the lower legs. I'm always amazed at how much hair comes off the legs. And Colin is spot on with thinking you have another dog sometimes. So much that you can't pick it up or hold it in one hand. Loose on the ground, it could be a Chihuahua.

Latest posts

Back