Forced Patina Custom

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorianwidling

Broken Tower Knives
Reaction score
Just finished this one up for a client and thought I'd share with you all! The forced patina isn't something I've done a lot of in the past but it's something I think I'd like to do more of...it's kind of interesting!

Specs:
1084 @ 61HRC, 216mm
African BLackwood handle with Leopardwood and bloodwood design.

Thanks for looking everyone!

Dorian

evaine lifestyle shot_website.jpg

evaine lifestyle2.jpg

Very nice!

Looks a little more classy and natural than some of my experimentations with forced patina. What did you use for it?

Thanks! It's just your typical French's mustard, sponged on. The secret I find is to do multiple light layers, allowing them to set for a while. It's the layered effect that gives it that nice even look.

Thanks! It's just your typical French's mustard, sponged on. The secret I find is to do multiple light layers, allowing them to set for a while. It's the layered effect that gives it that nice even look.

Thanks for the advice here! I tried exactly this earlier today, and went pretty well I think (not quite as nice as yours, but a lot better than my previous attempts with these knives)... Wine and Wood (handles)

Back