Forged cleaver WIP, or How to abuse yourself for fun...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...trying to finalize a handle shape and wood selection...any suggestions? i have lots of beautiful stuff...my problem is i have so much that i pull out fifteen pieces, go over them, decide i want to use the all on other stuff when i am better and never end up using those blocks .i have some super nice Koa i have been thinking about...sound good? other ideas?

I think you should slap one of those old 70's era rubbery bike handlebar grips with the tassels on it:razz:

?

attachment.php

http://www.mksdesign.com/images/10-chefs.jpg.

View attachment 19479

Ok with the winter absolutely sucking here( 32+ inches of snow and temps down into the -60's for the last few days) i finally turned my salamander on and sorta thawed out my shop. I have been staying at work until 1-2 am daily and that makes for very limited time in the shop lol. But....i did manage to get this far.

Going to try to get this one all finished up today...It is not glued up right now and need a few more polish sessions, but it is getting there!!!

Forgot. Handle wood is 2 tone amboyna and african blackwood. debating doing a taper on both ends to have more of a football shape and maybe a better fit in the hand. also will get dimensions up in a bit too

Nothing but AWESOME!!!! that amboyna suits it perfectly...

If you put oil or something on the blade,
would it keep it from getting those big water spots?
:shocked3:

If you put oil or something on the blade,
would it keep it from getting those big water spots?
:shocked3:
Hahahaha Mark, i love.you. Decided i am going to shorten the handle a bit and give it a odd taper shape.

Just teasing you Mike. It's too cold there for water spots. Must be a layer of ice.
Good to see that you are back in the shop in spite of the long work hours.
We all enjoy seeing the knives that you make.

Thanks Mark. I am going to try to get this finished up this weekend. Just some modding to the handle and finish polish the blade. Pretty happy with it so far...It is pretty thin...I cut myself on it and i have yet to sharpen it lol.

Back