Free Knives for the Needy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
This is what I've got available on the Pay It Forward Project that has been refurbished or rehandled, etc. These are all pretty good.
All I ask is that they go to a person in need, knives stolen or someone with a crappy kit who could use some decent blades to further their desire or career in a pro-ish kitchen.

DSC_0052_zps63ff6761.jpg
[/IMG]

From left to right:
Tojiro shirogami 165mm Nakiri-with saya
Sab (I think) scimitar
10in Foster bros. Chef
Big boy carbon Bullnose with wa-conversion handle
8in Forgecraft chef with Mike Henry wa-conversion handle
Flexible Chef au Ritz carbon slicer with Ironwood handle

DSC_0043-1_zpsa85d8718.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0042_zps66e1020c.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0033_zpsa2f1edee.jpg
[/IMG]

I just threw some extra shots of the slicer in because I just finished it and none of you have seen it.

PM me if you need any of these. Pass the word around as well. I'm willing to help out anyone in need.

Any butchers/bull nose available. All I need to get my guy Jonny a full kit. I got him a suji the other day, so I'm good on the slicer front. He's been getting into meat fab lately (thank god for me, leaves me moretime with my bread, lol) Also, I have a few more coming your way.

Foster Bros., Forgecraft and Bullnose are now adopted. Soon to be headed to new good parents.
I'll post in "Bon Voyage" when they ship out.

If that scimitar is still available my kitchen station has just changed to one needing a larger amount of butchering equipment and that would be a ginormous help.

I don't work in a kitchen at all aside from mine at home but I've been wanting a nakiri for ages but with a baby on the way it won't be happening. My knife collection consists of my carbonext lol

I know i haven't had anything stolen or lost or work in the appropriate environment but I'd love to work something out for the nakiri. Granted there are likely people in need well beyond my personal desire for one :tease:

I don't work in a kitchen at all aside from mine at home but I've been wanting a nakiri for ages but with a baby on the way it won't be happening. My knife collection consists of my carbonext lol

I know i haven't had anything stolen or lost or work in the appropriate environment but I'd love to work something out for the nakiri. Granted there are likely people in need well beyond my personal desire for one :tease:
If I don't have any bites, she's yours.

I got a friend who works with me who uses an 8" mac he beats on for everything. Heavy veg prep load (200+ covers a night at a high end izakaya), so he could use that nakiri if it's available. Let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, but I'm just the middleman who experiments on the knives!

Nakiri spoken for.
In the past I've covered shipping, but I'm going to get you guys to reimburse me after I ship.
This is because of tomorrow I'm officially unemployed!
I'll PM all you with my (wife's) paypal addy after I have receipts.
TYVM

I'll send you the $ for the shipping on the PIF you sent me for an intern at my work around 5 months ago. PM the email and I'll happily shoot you the money. The least I can do. Your a good person for doing all this, and it's important to spread the cost around. And hell, the biggest cost is your time. I severely dislike the post office, which is why I never ship. You making the trip is a saints act imho :)

I never felt right about you paying it in the first place.

No problem Chris. I can even pay for the last one as well if you'd like. Just let me know. Also, I'm gonna be sending you a few things that came my way that I don't need or can find homes for.

New Knife Available
This one is a Mac utility that I got from Son. The handle is Sycamore and Tamarind with burgundy fiber spacers.
DSC_00236_zps4b11bc9d.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_00283_zps3a4b609a.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0030_zps715c9a16.jpg
[/IMG]
I like this knife a lot. Thanks again Son.

New Knife Available
This one is a Mac utility that I got from Son. The handle is Sycamore and Tamarind with burgundy fiber spacers.
DSC_00236_zps4b11bc9d.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_00283_zps3a4b609a.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0030_zps715c9a16.jpg
[/IMG]
I like this knife a lot. Thanks again Son.

i have a needy friend who would love the hell out of that knife to replace the crappy utility he's been using.

I cant believe you guys are giving these knives away. I sit here and drool over knives like these all day long cause I can't afford to buy anything nice like this on a cook's income. I REALLY want to get my hands on something in the 210 to 240 range slicer style but cant afford anything i want. I bought a tojiro kiritsuke for 80 dollars and have been using it on the line but I find it too unwieldy.. That forgecraft gyuto looks beautiful, I'd love to have that knife. I think what you are doing is awesome. Being a cook and living paycheck to paycheck to see someone in your position being able to help others in our profession is seriously admirable. Thanks for what you are doing, even if you cant help me!

I cant believe you guys are giving these knives away. I sit here and drool over knives like these all day long cause I can't afford to buy anything nice like this on a cook's income. I REALLY want to get my hands on something in the 210 to 240 range slicer style but cant afford anything i want. I bought a tojiro kiritsuke for 80 dollars and have been using it on the line but I find it too unwieldy.. That forgecraft gyuto looks beautiful, I'd love to have that knife. I think what you are doing is awesome. Being a cook and living paycheck to paycheck to see someone in your position being able to help others in our profession is seriously admirable. Thanks for what you are doing, even if you cant help me!

SEnd me your address, I think I have a Mike Henry 8 in wa conversion forgecraft I can send you. Let me see if I can find it.

UHHH, okay. After reading what you said and then googling the Mike Henry handles... I'm stuck drooling over them. That would be so rediculous if you sent me a knife like that. Please let me pay the shipping though. At least something, that knife would be a dream to me!

Latest posts

Back