French dinner, HHH knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
Tonight was the second night for the Chicken Ballottine Churnonsky, gently reheated under foil, even better than last night, I think, as the truffles made more of an appearance. Potato Gratin Dauphinois accompanied the chicken and were quite nice. Creme Fraiche, milk and eggs provide the binder and garlic and thyme add flavor. The potato recipe that I used called for grated potatoes, and as the "Dragonslayer" ensemble had just arrived I used the gyuto from the set to do the job, quartering the potatoes, then slicing them length wise as thin as I could, then doing a super fine julienne resulting in what is a moderately coarse grate. The flatness of the profile was perfect for this, straight chopping of the thin planks of spud making a nice raft of shreds.

LOL @ KKK knife. I did a double take.

That sounds like a fantastic dinner. My wife is off of Eggs, Dairy, Gluten and Soy for a week. I'm coming to your house.

OK, K and H look just alike. I have a bandaid on my finger!

Hey Spike -

I just edited the title to reflect what you were trying to write.

Emanuel

Thanks man, I thought to ask for that to be done just as I was falling asleep last night!

Back