Friends, Romans, Countrymen... (post for Italian customers)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Loftis

KKF Vendor
Reaction score
Cashing in all our points, rewards, miles, etc. and I'm spiriting off my wife to Italy in a few months for our 20th anniversary. We'll be doing the typical touristy stuff in the typical touristy places, and eating... and eating.

If there are any customers in Rome who want a special butcher block, I have the ability to bring it (or them) with me in late April. I think I'm limited to 50 lbs or so in a checked bag, and I'll be carrying on my clothing for the trip. I'd prefer not to ship it after getting there, so pick up in Rome would be strongly preferred... or in a pinch, Venice or Florence.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there in case there's anyone interested.

And, if anyone has suggestions for amazing hole in the wall restaurants in the aforementioned cities, I'd love to hear about it. Don't need fancy, and don't want touristy... just amazing food. The only part of our itinerary locked down right now is our flights. The rest is wide open.

Grazi.

I hope you have a great trip!

Heading to Florence soon with family for a (intentionally belated) 70th birthday trip for my mom. Will be my first time in Italy.
Thanks. I've only crossed the pond once in my life, and that was thirty years ago. Super excited.

Back