Frustration with Instagram and webstore races to get custom makers' new knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a bot- where do I find one?😊 joking. My finger is getting fatigued from refreshing.
There should be a discount offered for treating repetitive stress syndrome, not to mention F5 button replacements.

Sadly, lately few threads add any value or contain any meaningful discussion. I think it is a side effect of the times we find ourselves in.

Did he get the ban hammer upon himself because of this thread?

These are both men of the highest integrity and the notion that they’re somehow going around the free market is nothing short of ********ery.

Just because a lot of the people on this forum lack class doesn’t mean the whole community does.
Nice strawman "defending" in order to do a little name-dropping...

I responded to everything of value you said.

i only asked for clarification. My comment was just as valuable as yours.

The reason I was asking:

There are two ways to circumvent a newsletter sale:

1) offering more money to make sure a knife doesn’t make it’s way to the newsletter or to score a knife in general

2) finding other ways to convince a maker to “skip” the usual selling process

I wanted to make sure that we understand which one of the two you meant. If you know Bryan you know why I’m asking this. Let’s not beat around the bush here.

You came out swinging in defense of Bryan and one customer and in the process accused people here of being low class.

Happy to discuss this in a pm if you don’t want it out here ....

Could this thread be closed please? Nothing even remotely near topic or productive. Currently just setting a bad mood.

i actually think it would be good to fully disclose how knives are sold. And that is related to the topic.

what I see here is similar to people not voicing negative opinions about a lot of knives because they’re worried they might diminish resale value down the road...

I was about to close this thread and then @alterwisser had to do this last minute attempt to resuscitate the zombie ...

Is there really lack of clarity how makers sell their knives? I mean - all do it nearly exclusively online. Most stop taking custom orders at some point as they made themselves a name and are not dependent on it. Some still do take customs later for one reason or another. Most just drop their knives on their sales-pages, some announce the event in advance. Some go through the trouble of setting up a lottery system that makes people to complain less (like Bloodroot Blades guys do). Most makers seem to refuse to break their own rules by selling a knife 'offline'. Otherwise they would open a completely new can of worms.

Did I forget something relevant?

i actually think it would be good to fully disclose how knives are sold. And that is related to the topic.

what I see here is similar to people not voicing negative opinions about a lot of knives because they’re worried they might diminish resale value down the road...

Think Matus stated most of what seems relevant. If something is left uncovered, I'd suggest making a new thread with a clear topic and hopefully less toxic start point of the discussion.

And no, I did not accuse you in any way of being toxic, I just found some posts in the thread, recently left a bad taste in the mouth and wasn't contributing to a nice tone and proper discussion.

To address, I have never heard of a single case of someone offering more cash to circumvent Bryan posting a knife. I, like many, have sat at the computer at 7pm french time and missed. However, I don’t blame the seller or attack him ( and devoted customers ). That’s what we have here, and it’s low class and, frankly, supplying incorrect information to those who may not know the score.

I'm still interested in knowing whether JML is banned, and if so, why. As a newcomer to the forum I'd like to know how things are being run here, and what the role of moderators is.

BE11B748-C435-4A0E-93BD-16F9E300C960.jpeg

sorry , still have something better to do ...

I was about to close this thread and then @alterwisser had to do this last minute attempt to resuscitate the zombie ...

Is there really lack of clarity how makers sell their knives? I mean - all do it nearly exclusively online. Most stop taking custom orders at some point as they made themselves a name and are not dependent on it. Some still do take customs later for one reason or another. Most just drop their knives on their sales-pages, some announce the event in advance. Some go through the trouble of setting up a lottery system that makes people to complain less (like Bloodroot Blades guys do). Most makers seem to refuse to break their own rules by selling a knife 'offline'. Otherwise they would open a completely new can of worms.

Did I forget something relevant?

i did not agree with the voices here Recently that singled you out for moderation getting out of hand, but honestly: why you have to single and call me out while I was BY FAR not the only one keeping this thread alive, is beyond me. And it’s really not a Zombie that has been dead for ages. If you feel this is a meaningless discussion, that’s one thing and for you to decide .... but it’s not anywhere close to whole threads spiraling into a CM hatefest...

That reminds me: how does CM decide who gets her super sought after rasps?

To address, I have never heard of a single case of someone offering more cash to circumvent Bryan posting a knife. I, like many, have sat at the computer at 7pm french time and missed. However, I don’t blame the seller or attack him ( and devoted customers ). That’s what we have here, and it’s low class and, frankly, supplying incorrect information to those who may not know the score.

thanks for clarification. That’s what I wanted to know. I agree with you that it’s highly unlikely that Bryan would do that. He doesn’t seem to be driven by profit maximization. He could sell his knives for a lot more and doesn’t.

I still think it’s his right to do that and also to accept big cash if a fool is willing to spend 10k on a knife (just making sh** up). Those beach vacations need to be financed after all (sorry @bryan03, couldn’t resist. Enjoy your vacay and stop checking this toxic thread 😜)

Back