Frustration with Instagram and webstore races to get custom makers' new knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here

I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here I’m responding here

Sorry for the spam, I just assumed after reading the past few pages that the game was to put your name in this thread without contributing any new information.

What.. the samhain.. did covid do to this forum. You know.. some of us have these tools in our hands for hours at a time everyday. Of course we want the best tools we can find. Get your prep done way quicker etc.. you think I don’t get frustrated when I can’t buy something I know would be great to have in the kitchen at work? Of course I do. I’m not going to start a thread about it lol. That’s life man. I might even see someone who was quick enough to get the knife use it once a week, once a month even, who knows and who really cares. It is what it is.

I am at peace knowing I will never likely have a Kato WH or maybe a Raquin. It just means I will have to buy more of other knives

To each maker their own style of selling.

We will all eventually get what we crave, might take longer or less than expected

Our demand is the cause of the scarcity, after all.

And enough of JML, let’s enjoy while he is taking a much needed ban-break😊
Katos regularly appear on BST, depends on what you're willing to pay. As for Raquins, they're attainable. You did score a Kaiju recently, so I can't feel all that bad for you.

I am at peace knowing I will never likely have a Kato WH or maybe a Raquin. It just means I will have to buy more of other knives

To each maker their own style of selling.

We will all eventually get what we crave, might take longer or less than expected

Our demand is the cause of the scarcity, after all.

And enough of JML, let’s enjoy while he is taking a much needed ban-break😊

it's really easy for me to say this, because I own/use a Kato I bought new from JNS, but there are other knives that are in that realm that cost what Katos did "back in the day". E.G. Tsourkan.

I personally find that all this unobtanium stuff, when you actually get it, it's very rarely materially better than what else you can get. Sometimes it is, sometimes not. I try not to lose sleep over it.

Except I have missed one or two particularly spectacular Parker 51 custom caps Id push someone down a flight of stairs to get.

The truth about unobtanium is that it doesn't cut any better or help you get through prep faster than much cheaper knives do. But they've got walrus penis ferrules, so let the bidding begin!
Of course. I didn’t mean to say that just because a knife is $800 or more does not mean it will cut better than a kochi for example. I completely agree. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case though. Again, I do agree with what you’re saying, but I still stand by my point. Also I feel cheated i’ve never had a walrus penis ferrule.

A few years back I spent a lot of time being a mod on two sites related to a hobby that I was involved in. I can honestly say it was one of the most thankless tasks that I have ever been involved in. I spent endless hours coddling adult children who were all about “me me me“. Not satisfied with simply using the sites for the common, useful purposes for which they were intended, they picked and tore at the politics, alienating other users and dominating the site with incessant drivel. I could write a chapter on the childish, self-absorbed garbage that I had to deal with. Garbage that was served up by the smallest portion of the members which ultimately drove productive members from the site.

So here’s my take on the mods serving KKF. They are patient, fair and unobtrusive ... in short fabulous! Leave them alone and let them continue doing their jobs. Don’t second guess them, pick at them or negotiate with them. Be assured that you couldn’t deal with the amount of crap they deal with behind the scenes for no remuneration whatsoever. We‘re lucky to have them.

If you can’t do that or find KKF too restrictive go start your own site and you will soon find out that what I’m saying is true.

There ... I broke my own rule and opened my big mouth. I’ll probably live to regret it.
Beautifully said Brian.
I am so glad you ”opened your big mouth” and totally agree with you. 😊👍

JML never said that he didn't get a Raquin from a website sales, he only expressed frustration about buying from another maker who he did not name but was named by someone else. Someone once told him he spoke too much and should put his money into some knives so he can actually experience what it is all about. He did in a big way with his "I will buy it" spree on BST as well as his explorations elsewhere.
It seems he has amassed a substantial collection of fine kitchen knives and is trying to collect the small makers with great reputation just like everyone else is. Low supply and high demand for a product that is affordable by many users makes it difficult to buy. Anyways, hope everyone just doesn't get on his case while he is on vacation and cannot defend himself.

JML never said that he didn't get a Raquin from a website sales, he only expressed frustration about buying from another maker who he did not name but was named by someone else. Someone once told him he spoke too much and should put his money into some knives so he can actually experience what it is all about. He did in a big way with his "I will buy it" spree on BST as well as his explorations elsewhere.
It seems he has amassed a substantial collection of fine kitchen knives and is trying to collect the small makers with great reputation just like everyone else is. Low supply and high demand for a product that is affordable by many users makes it difficult to buy. Anyways, hope everyone just doesn't get on his case while he is on vacation and cannot defend himself.
From a collectors standpoint, his collection is a little strange judging from the ones he has posted so far. Did he really buy up all the unicorns?

From a collectors standpoint, his collection is a little strange judging from the ones he has posted so far. Did he really buy up all the unicorns?
He probably hasn't posted all his knives yet. I certainly haven't finished posting on my KKF gallery yet.

I'm partial to this Halcyon Forge 220, as the "nicely veined" Damascus pattern emanating from the "creamy" walrus penis creates the impression of ejaculation. Of course, it's sold out and next to impossible to get something similar. Talk about frustration!

oosik.jpg

Did I hear walrus penis? Now I know what I’m going to start collecting (you don’t have to own knives to have a penis collection!)

Also known as “baculum” to be more technical

Sadly, evolution meant humans lost their bacula along the way

Back