• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Asai 240mm Gyuto PM SG2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sel1k1

Reaction score
Up for sale is an unused Asai 240mm Damascus Gyuto.

Paid $495 after tax and pro discount. Paid another $35 for the black saya shown in pics. The saya has a magnetic strip.

The knife has not been used past cutting free standing tomatos andpaper. It has not been sharpened. I still have the free sharpening voucher however I kind of assume people considering this knife would have stones. I'm not sure if the voucher is transferrable with Epicurean Edge.

I am asking $480. This includes shipping in ConUS and saya.

Add $35 for international shipping.

I use Paypal.

Pics are here with more to come showing specs. https://picasaweb.google.com/sicayan/March62012#

Last edited:
:beer:

Agreed, I love the fit and finish on this. It is very tall for a gyuto, great profile, great geometry.

It's never too late to start. :biggrin:

Curious; What is it that turns you away from knives with damascus?

maybe for example that core isnt damascus so the whole concept is a fake?

maybe for example that core isnt damascus so the whole concept is a fake?

Is painting your house fake because the entire house isn't made of green wood?
Great looking knife sel1k1. Gl with the sale.

Yeah...this knife is in no way "fake". So what your saying is all san-mai damascus knives are fake? That makes no sense.

Best to not squat in another's sales thread...

Beauty of a knife there.
Good luck on it's sale.

I doubt someone intentionally degraded your knife. I bet its one of those "English as a second language" things...
I think this knife is beautiful.

I doubt someone intentionally degraded your knife. I bet its one of those "English as a second language" things...
I think this knife is beautiful.

Indeed, sir. Someone sent me the most awkward PT with links not having anything to do with this knife. Very broken English that is like half way offensive but with tons of smiley faces. I don't really know how to respond to that.

Price drop $400 shipped in lower 48 states. +$25 for international(unless you know of a lower price shipping that is insured and trackable). OBO

Indeed, sir. Someone sent me the most awkward PT with links not having anything to do with this knife. Very broken English that is like half way offensive but with tons of smiley faces. I don't really know how to respond to that.

:rofl2: Been there.

Here's a free bump, I guess. Good luck with the sale.

I should have mentioned this earlier; the price at $400 shipped is without the black magnetic saya. OBO(or best offer).

Final price drop $380 shipped without saya. +$30 for international shipping.

1065 views. It seems like a lot but no real offers. Hmmm. :eyebrow:
Please buy my knife. ><

Back