Fu Rin Ka Zan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don’t hear a lot from f talk abut it the jck line on these forums. Was wondering what people thought of them.

also don’t they kinda resemble another knife brand. Can’t put my finger on it. They look a lot like Sukenari maybe?

Those house brands look like they have good value. I guess. Usually I just grab a Mazaki if I’m in the mood for a bargain. Aframes has some pretty inexpensive house brand knives too.

Has anyone used both Fu Rin Ka Zan alongside a Sukenari? Worth the price difference?

The few FRKZ I used, they were good to go knives.

I had the 210 k tip gyuto in three high alloy steels, two Sukenari branded and one FRKZ. Don’t remember there being any difference in the blades vis-a-vis grind, finish, etc.

I have the same model 270 gyuto in each brand (FRKZ and Sukenari). The FRKZ is thinner, but n=1 so don't take it as gospel. Otherwise they are of the same high quality, and I don't detect much assymetry, but I'm a righty.
In fond of both. Clean grind and profile, professional job.

I used to own FRKZ lefty yanagiba 300mm blur two, easier to sharp than mine blue one shiraki yanagiba.

When i brought it few years ago at very good price, but this year, same knife about 70% increase the price...

Back