D. Martell Gallery- Martell Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goosebumps Dave!! Monday can’t come soon enough. uSps needs to get their **** together

Love it! Glad the blue came out. Was worried there would be too much yellow once you finished it. It’s exactly what I imagined when we designed it. Super excited. I’ve been out of town so haven’t check messages. Thanks for the hard work

You never know what's inside the block but we got lucky with this one. It makes me happy to hear that your idea was realized. :)

Love it! Glad the blue came out. Was worried there would be too much yellow once you finished it. It’s exactly what I imagined when we designed it. Super excited. I’ve been out of town so haven’t check messages. Thanks for the hard work

Turned out pretty. My father would love one like this because his favorite colors are blue and yellow.

I just finished up this one, it's an O1 160mm wa petty with dyed (teal) maple burl handle w/copper spacer. The handle was customer designed - he did well. :thumbsup:

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010032.JPG

I just finished up this one, it's an O1 160mm wa petty with dyed (teal) maple burl handle w/copper spacer. The handle was customer designed - he did well. :thumbsup:

That is sexy as ol hell, would look better with a musk ox ferrule though and if it was being delivered to my house. :whistling: maybe for christmas

Ooh sweet good goodness that came out even better than in my head! Looks gorgeous Dave!
Thanks once again for being an awesome craftsman to work with

Ooh sweet good goodness that came out even better than in my head! Looks gorgeous Dave!
Thanks once again for being an awesome craftsman to work with

You like! :doublethumbsup:

It was my pleasure K and thank you for your support and patience.

Dave

Here's a 160mm petty made out of CPM154 with an ironwood and buffalo horn handle....

The handle is made slightly larger than normal because the customer has big hands and like big handles. Can't do much for this with a petty but I did my best.

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

I've got another 160mm petty finished up. This one is also made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel with a poly acrylic "copper" wa octagonal handle.

This knife was made to match it's big brother that the customer purchased HERE.

I wish that I could get more orders for this handle material, it makes such a nice handle in both looks and function. I did buy some more colors just in case I get a bite. :wink:

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010013.JPG

I'm updating this thread tp include a bunch of knives that haven't yet been posted.

CLICK on the pictures below to see details and more images....

Here's a few that I just wrapped up. You'll be able to purchase them at https://homebutcher.com/ down in San Antonio, TX

HomeButcher_Martell1.JPG
HomeButcher_Martell2.JPG

This is what I sent down to the homebutcher.com ...

Qty. 1 - 225mm gyuto, wa handle, poly acrylic (purple

Qty. 1 - 240mm gyuto, wa handle, poly acrylic (red)

Qty. 1 - 240mm, premium AZ Ironwood Burl, (soldered) nickel silver bolster, western

Qty. 1 - 160mm petty, wa handle, AZ Ironwood Burl

CPM154

Qty. 1 - 240mm gyuto, wa handle, poly acrylic handle (blue)

Qty. 1 - 240mm gyuto, wa handle, poly acrylic handle (green)

Qty. 1 - 160mm petty, western handle, Blue Maple Burl

Last edited:
Super inappropriate question, what does he charge for commision? I've seen a lot of blades pop up on there from prominent smiths

Back