D. Martell Gallery - Re-Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Now that is some sexy wood :ggodjob:
put that on a t-shirt.

Here's a Hiromoto AS gyuto in ironwood burl.

*Please excuse the raindrops - it was sprinkling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010002.jpg

P1010005.jpg

p1010001.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Here's a TKC in amboyna burl (supplied by Stefan)...

*Please excuse the raindrops - it was sprinkling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010006.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010012.jpg

The rain gives a nice darker back ground.:helicop:

Well I'm guessing the Ironwood Burl is mine. Looks absolutely amazing Dave. Thanks again. Can't wait to test her out. I guess I'm going to have to start shopping for blanks for my suji now.

Well I'm guessing the Ironwood Burl is mine. Looks absolutely amazing Dave. Thanks again. Can't wait to test her out. I guess I'm going to have to start shopping for blanks for my suji now.

Street? I couldn't remember your username here but I sent you an email that it was done. It's shipping out this morning. I hope you like it.

Dave

PS - You've really got to hold and see this wood in person to appreciate it. I've yet to capture even a hint of it's beauty by camera. :)

Very true. I got the knife yesterday and the picture my speak a thousand words but actually holding it is a different story. Thanks Dave! Fantastic work!

P1010008-16.jpg

Very true. I got the knife yesterday and the picture my speak a thousand words but actually holding it is a different story. Thanks Dave! Fantastic work!

Hi Richard, it's good to see that you got your knife and like the wood you chose. It really is a special look and feel in person isn't it? Ancient kauri is becoming one of my favorites to work with. I'm thrilled that you like it and I hope that you get lots of use from your new knife - enjoy.

Dave

I LOVE my Kauri from Dave, I use them everyday and they get more and more attractive to me, not to mention the knives CUT!

Thanks Dave :)

IMG_2617.jpg

Here's Bob's Hiro Shiki Tsuchime Damascus Santoku in Blue Birdseye Maple (wood supplied by Stefan)....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010003.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010016.jpg

p1010001.jpg

p1010007.jpg

Assorted.JPG

Last edited:
I like that you included the undyed piece, looks nice. A little more purple-ish than I remember the wood, but maybe that's just the light.

Stefan

The idea of using the un-dyed section was the customers. The handle finished near purple in real life so the colors are pretty close to what I see in person. You never know what you'll get until the end, huh?

I'm a huge fan of mixing sapwood with heartwood, or in this case dyed with undyed. It would not have been the same without that contrast. Your customer has good taste, and you as well for creating it ;)

Thanks Dave! I can't wait till it gets here!....bob

Just wondering: Is that one of the Ironwood pieces I sent you?

Stefan

Just wondering: Is that one of the Ironwood pieces I sent you?

Stefan

They were customer supplied scales from Arizonaironwood. The wood is spectacular and makes me crave to work on the blocks you sent which should be even nicer in some ways.

Here is David's 270mm & 240mm Hiromoto AS gyutos (last 2 from the 4th group buy) in premium burl ironwood & black ash burl (both woods supplied by Stefan).

The blades have been etched but unfortunately the 240mm showed the weld and didn't yield the impressive edge features that most of the 240mm's in this series do when etched. I'm bummed about this but you get whatever the knife gives up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

p1010007.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Very interesting how the 240 came out. I wonder if they changes the process or if it is just the result of a different smith?

Don't think I didn't notice those mirror polished pins! I can literally see you in the work!:lol2: Nice work Dave:thumbsup:

Back