Gauging Interest for Boning Knives Wa and Western handle, Single and Double Bevel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Been working on some boning knives, single and double beveled. Single beveled is similar to Watanabe custom sabaki and double beveled, I have produces a handful with Western handles and Wa.

Is there an interest? I am thinking 135mm and 150mm versions.

Single beveled will have a hollow back and a nice convex bevel below shinogi line. Double-beveled, will have a generous taper but no flex. Full thickness at the handle. Nice cutter with a solid feel to it.

Also, ground a 180mm boning/filleting knife. Generous distal taper, with some flex in the first 1/3 of the blade. Full thickness at the handle. Making Western handle for it, pics on Saturday.

If there's going to be some in stainless, I'm definitely in.

I would want double bevel, but I don't know if I'd want western or Wa or if I'd want 135mm or 150mm.

Where's my paring knife? I miss her.Lol

Son, leave it with me a for a little longer for inspiration))) I promise to return it, and add a knife or two to the the bunch. Definitely a parer, but now that you are in this thread, a boning too.

If there's going to be some in stainless, I'm definitely in.

I would want double bevel, but I don't know if I'd want western or Wa or if I'd want 135mm or 150mm.

I made both, and most interest was in Western handle, and 135mm. I was told, the knife in this length is very handy to work around the joints of a lamb.

Just wanted to add that these are ground the same way as my petties, and can be used interchangeably. They have no flex on the spine and ground from 3-3.5mm stock, so plenty rigidity at the handle.

I grew up with kitchen knives having an up-sweep curve at the tip, so to me using a knife like these for multitasking, makes perfects sense.

Lol. No worries brother. Just busting your balls. You don't have to do that. If you make it to the ECG, I have a couple bottles for you.

Unfortunately, won't be able to make this year, but will send out knives for folks at the gathering. I will make to your restaurant though, in a near future. I have always enjoyed you cooking for me. And I have enjoyed making knives for you, so I am afraid, you will have to accept them))

I am using all available time now to catch up with work and work on new projects, and weekend is when I can rent some woodworking shop time.

Back