Gengetsu pass around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have goofed up the US pass around order, is there anyone left in the states that I already approved for this pass around? If so, please PM me. Are there still Canadians that are interested?

I received both knives today in good order. I just arrived home from an almost 8 hour drive from the beach. I did require one task this evening which was executed without flaw.
Gs72f0I.jpg

I have intentionally not paid attention to which knife is which. I want to form my own opinions about the steel. I will say these are two very different knives and I am excited to use both. Both arrived with very nice fresh edges that are ready to go without any attention from me.

@chrflarge, please let me know how these are finished for my frame of reference.

Thanks for this opportunity.

Dave B. my take: The semi-stainless version was much more of a "workhorse" in my opinion. Thicker towards the spine, bit more heft to the overall knife. Very nice distal taper and geometry. If I had to choose one this would be it, for the overall versatility. The stainless clad white 2, in my opinion, more of a "laser". Lighter knife with a very thin blade, from spine to edge, with outstanding performance. Both knives sharpened easily with the white2 being quicker to hair splitting sharpness.

These are just my opinions. Both of the Gengtsu's where of the finest quality. Fit & finish superior. I believe if it came down to choosing one or the other, it would boil down to a matter of personal preference.

Hope this helps. Thank you again, to the two knife owners, for doing this it is greatly appreciated.

Al

Back