• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Gesshin 6k resinoid (blue speckle) & Morihei 9k "karasu"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Both used fairly minimally and easily have 90%+ of their life left. Both have been soaking and I will ship vacuum sealed to prevent issues with drying / cracking in transit. Will also ship with original boxes. Great stones, but I have a few dozen naturals around I'd rather use most of the time.

The Gesshin 6k is a fantastic stone that is just about ideal in terms of synths for both edge finishing and pre-polishing for naturals. It's fast, feels great, and very consistent. Best used as a soaker IMO. The Morihei 9k is has those same attributes but is just that next level finer. Will take core steel to a mirror (small scratches still there on very close inspection) and leaves a nice finish thanks to the natural stone powder that is mixed into the stone. I've really enjoyed this one a lot after soaking and would happily recommend you use it as a soaker as well.

Asking $135 shipped in the US for the pair, happy to ship abroad but we will need to work something out on cost

Last edited:
Back