• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gesshin Soaking Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All,

Well I mostly own splash and go stuff, just for convenience such. That said sometimes I get bored and buy other stuff just because I want to try it. Right now I have Gesshin soaking stones on my mind. What you all got? Special bonus points for the 1k/6k giant combo stone and or the gesshin soaking stone set but really I'm open to most of it. Hit me up with what you got and lets see what I feel like :)

I have a 400, 2000, & 6000 and they do well for me. Soak them for 15 min and they are ready to go. I touch up all my knives in one session, so I let them dry until I need them again.
The 2 k is what I use the most.
I hope you find some, good luck.

I have a 400X. You can have it for $50 shipped. I think I’ve only used it a few times. I didn’t measure the original height, but it’s probably lost 2mm from the original height and still has a slight dish in one side. I would have used the high areas for kiridashi sharpening rather than just grinding all that material down the drain, but that’s me. The other side is flat and it doesn’t matter which side you use.
It’s this one, here.

Bought a 1k/6k combo and a 400x, still leaving this open/bump for even more soaker Gesshin stuff :)

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Back