Japanese Knives GESSHIN URAKU 240MM WHITE #2 KUROUCHI WA-GYUTO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Mike

Reaction score
Just received the Geshin Uraku 240 mm white #2 Kurouchi Wa-Gyuto from Japanese Knife Imports and it looks great. This is my first Japanese knife with the wide blade path/blade road/kiriba.

It’s a carbon steel knife, so they called me and emailed me to make sure I knew what I was getting, which is a pretty high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.

Here are some pictures.

gS35gKn.jpg

ga4xx9p.jpg

Q6K5ebm.jpg

8iWBGCh.jpg

It’s pretty sharp, but could use a little work, so I will touch it up and start using it.

Last edited:
Have fun! That's going to be a very comfortable knife to use--very wide neck and flush with the handle. I didn't know they necks were like that--really nice feature.

Sweet! Love that kurouchi look.

I was wrong about the sharpness, after using it I see it’s perfect for cutting food.

i just spend a bit less time on finishing stones and use my finishing stone for stropping as opposed to leather (or similar) with any abrasive compound. 3-6k is a great range to finish for this kind of edge.

Fair enough, do you typically form your burr on something like the Gesshin 2k before finishing on the Gesshin 4k?

Am curious which stone you consider to be the one right before your finisher.

sure... really any medium grit stone would be fine... i often use my vitrified diamond 800 for what its worth

Quick question re: stropping on stones since that was mentioned on this thread. Do you wet the stone first or simply do a light pass or two trailing the edge as you would do on a leather strop dry?

Latest posts

Back