Getting to know your community

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since joining this forum at the end of last year three members have came into the restaurant. Wildboar (David) Mano (Craig) and JohnnyChance (John) along with their better halves... and believe me their better halves are their better halves. Its been great getting to know them, feed them, etc. It seems this site, and others like it, are places that we go to step out of the normal routine and actually choose to talk with people that we have a shared interest with, sort of like people meeting at a bar after work. I'm not sure how much interaction everyone on here has with other members outside of this forum but if you get a chance to meet up with each other definitely take the opportunity.

Next time I'm in NYC, I'll be swinging by Son's restaurant. If I ever find myself in Minnesota for a Vikings game (highly likely) I'll be calling Kerring, and if I ever make it out to the west coast ... well there seems to be many options.

I've had surprisingly good experiences meeting folks from the forum, as well. :thumbsup: I bought some of my nicest knives and stones that way, not to mention picking up all kinds of bits of useful info.

You are always welcome at my place in Honolulu, but then you will have to do the cooking ;)

Stefan

I'm always amazed when meeting someone from the forums (in person) how it's like we've known each other for years. Maybe it's a shared chemical makeup for people into strange stuff like this? :D

Whatever it is, I just got a sweet peppergrinder in exchange for some fish heads. .... or maybe WildBoar was just telling me I need to season my food more.

When you see the collection of sweet fishelopes on my wall you will understand. I've been scouring eBay for a 10-point rack to mount on that 10-lb rockfish head. And one of the salmon heads is going to be rigged to start singing songs about forging damascus and sanding wood handles whenever someone walks through the room.

My wife might be doing an event on the National Mall in August. I might have to stop by!

Back