• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Giant Ohira Suita suminagashi clamshell natural stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks, selling this monster Ohira Suita. It's a remarkable stone in terms of size, condition, and effectiveness. 206x79x55. Sealed. Still has mine markings on the side of the stone per photos.
I'd say that is is just soft of center in terms of Suita hardness making it pretty ideal for all kinds of work both on edge and cladding. I'm going to guess 5000-8000 grit depending on how you use it. Slurries really fast, classic mud pattern. Just very easy and fun to use. Given its size, it's a lifetime stone (really a multiple lifetime stone) and the sumingashi patterning is very rare and quite unique. I got a great deal on this stone so am passing that along, since this is a well over $1k stone from a vendor today. Asking $750 CONUS and $825 Int'l.
IMG_6634.jpgIMG_6635.jpgIMG_6636.jpgIMG_6637.jpgIMG_6638.jpgIMG_6639.jpgIMG_6640.jpgIMG_6641.jpgIMG_6642.jpgIMG_6643.jpg

You could always just ask me :)

But I was advised to sell it for it's true worth. Even though I received a great deal from thebradley.
And I would advise to try and sell it somewhere else for the price you quote in your post.
This is a place to sell and trade, of course, but even more so a source of information, discussion as well as a place of community. I have observed a lot of members supporting each other (which is reflected in pricing too - though, obviously, nobody expects anyone to give their stuff away for free, and Snakes crazy sales, while appreciated, can not be expected to be a benchmark) and feel like people appreciate this kind of dynamic and spirit.
Price gauging is more for ebay I'd say.

Back