Glueing together a broken synthetic stone.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blank Blades.

Blank Blank.
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever epoxied together a stone that cleanly broke? I dropped my chosera 800 flat on its face the other day, and it cracked in two halves. It's still in the base and works fine, but the two pieces are slowly starting to have a little wiggle room the more I sharpen on it. I'm hoping i can get some advice, on how to handle it if it keeps getting worse.

Don't glue the joint, it'll be like a toxic line running through the middle that you'd have to dig out. I'd say wrap some string around the sides to tighten up the crack and stabilize the stone, then seal the stone. Dig thought the sharpening section, there are posts about this type of repair. Others have epoxy'd the stones to a flat backing but that'd probably be more complicated with a chosera that's already mounted.

Don't glue the joint, it'll be like a toxic line running through the middle that you'd have to dig out. I'd say wrap some string around the sides to tighten up the crack and stabilize the stone, then seal the stone. Dig thought the sharpening section, there are posts about this type of repair. Others have epoxy'd the stones to a flat backing but that'd probably be more complicated with a chosera that's already mounted.
Thank you. Great ideas. I'll try and get something to seal it. I need to seal a tanba aoto (or at least I feel like I should) I have anyway, so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Latest posts

Back