Gmail putting daily update emails into spam folder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience, go to your Spam folder and just select the emails in question. Right click and choose "Not spam". GMail will move these messages to your Inbox. It will also quickly learn not to put the KKF updates there and they'll start appearing in your Inbox.

podzap

Reaction score
In my experience, go to your Spam folder and just select the emails in question. Right click and choose "Not spam". GMail will move these messages to your Inbox. It will also quickly learn not to put the KKF updates there and they'll start appearing in your Inbox.
I've been getting daily updates for nearly a year and this is the first time it threw one into the spam folder. I am not the problem here :) Google all of the sudden thinks that KKF is spamming, and there is a reason for that either due to content, outgoing mail server config, blah blah blah...

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's happened to me too. Friends who've been writing for years suddenly appear in spam. The solution I offered worked for his email though it periodically reverts. Who knows what algorithms Google employs to determine spam.

I'd be interested in any other solutions myself.

Random

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not related to GMAIL, but I had an email from my wife (using the same email server as me) tag an email as spam. We determined it was because she had mentioned CBD oil in the message.

You can't stop an algorithm from doing its job. Just tell it when it's wrong.

If the problem was with the KKF server being tagged, it would affect everyone using Gmail and that appears not to be the case.

AT5760

Reaction score
The past week, watched threads have stopped going to my Gmail inbox and started going to “promotions.” No idea why, I haven’t flagged or tagged anything differently.

M1k3

Reaction score
Gmail likes to make minor changes from time to time. Sometimes you don't notice, sometimes you do. To me it sounds like a Gmail algorithm issue. Tell Gmail it's wrong. It'll usually remember that.

Michi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen a day or two ago. The digest had been showing up normally in my in box, and then suddenly appeared in my spam folder. After telling it "Move to Inbox", today's digest showed up in my inbox again as usual.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
My KKF alerts go to my Junk folder on my Mac which is perfect...
If you don't want them, just go to the bottom of an email and unsubscribe.

To everyone else, it's gmail doing it. This move happens to me. If you are not opening them, open a few from time to time to show you are interacting with them. I have gmail asking me to unsubscribe from a Promotional email source if I don't open one for awhile.

Latest posts