Good Karma

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
A little while back, as some of you might remember, I lent my Yamawaku nakiri out to a new member here, whom I had never met. I sent it in good faith, hoping he might learn something and appreciate a chance to use a good knife, in order to discover what he and his wife wanted before they shelled any money out on an expensive piece of steel.
I hadn't heard from him in a few weeks and to be honest, I assumed he had just been busy, and unable to ship the knife back or even use it to get a feel for it.
Well, today, I received a package with my knife in PERFECT shape, but a nice heavy patina where it had been shiny before (signs of real use!!!) Also in the box was a little gift to say thanks. Knowing what the gift was doesn't really affect the story, so I'll keep it between the two of us. All I really wanted to say is:

Thanks, Scott! You are clearly a classy, honest guy and I hope you get some good karma sent your way!

I don't know about you guys, but I love when someone proves what I like to believe - that people really are good and thoughtful. People do care and that a little can go a long way. :D

Yeah, it's really awesome to see this kind of good faith in a forum. Some great people here. Some good, honest people.

Yeah, it's really awesome to see this kind of good faith in a forum. Some great people here. Some good, honest people.

+1 great people. Great place. Nuff said. Wish my every day interaction with people was always this good.

Pensacola tiger loaned me knives and it helped a lot. Son Sachem has gone out of his way for me. Chef Niloc as well. Jon with advice. All sorts of people with helpful posts and PMs. I am grateful for the people here.

I agree this forum is a great community, especially for a forum that's free to join. Good to see that you had a great experience with a new member. :thumbsup:

Sorry, don't mean to sound like a hippie or anything, but another good karma/faith example:
I recently posted my kit in the gallery section and had some offers for one of my knives. Pensacola Tiger shipped me a blade first in an even trade so I wouldn't have to be without a needed knife in my work kit.
He doesn't know me, I could be a dirtbag. But he was willing to send it out first anyway. It's nice to know there are still some good folks left in the world. Fortunately for us, a lot of them are on this forum.

I was at a dog agility trial a few years back and wanted to buy regulation weave poles from a vendor who didn't take credit cards. He gave me the equipment and told me to send him a check. That kind of trust in human nature seems to be rare. I guess certain groups; dog people, knife people, tend to attract a certain kind of person. Some people seem to intuitively know to contribute to the community and others need rules. BTW, what's wrong with being a hippie? Some of us grew up to become real people...

Yep, good people doing good things makes everyone happy and this place a better space -- and the forum seems to load faster when that happens too ;)

k.

There's an amazing amount of outreach in this forum, and a selfless sharing of information that's truly awesome. Really glad I joined this great group of knifenuts:)

I was proudly birthed and raised by a hippie. I think it helped make me a half decent guy.

Hippies are people who believe the world can be a better place than it is now.

I too have to say, the people here are amazing! Between Rick sending me half his kit to examine, a straight razor to kill myself with, and another sending electronics, all with nothing in return, all I can say is wow! The people who call this forum home... I don't think there is a better group of people around.

Back