• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Grail Gyutos and more (Price drops!)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a fully admit I'm an addict like most here and have more amazing stuff than I can reasonably use (and have more on the way!) so I would like to maybe set some pieces free. If they do not sell, that is ok, I do not want any of them to go. More details will follow for each individual knife include pictures and pricing, but for now here is a group shot of what I am listing today.

1. Ikeda White 1 240mm Western Ironwood Mt. Fuji Honyaki $1750

2. SOLD Mert Tansu Blue 2 Honyaki 230mm $850 SOLD

3. Running man Forge Damascus Nakiri 165mm $500

4. Tetsujin Metal Flow Gyuto 210mm. $375

As always, pricing is for paypal goods and services, discounts available for other payment methods. Discounts available if buying multiple. Open to offers on anything, but this isn't a fire sale at the same time.

grail2.jpg

grail1.jpg

Last edited:
First up the big boy and my favorite.

1. 1. Ikeda White 1 240mm Western Ironwood Mt. Fuji Honyaki

This is new, never cut with, and a rare piece. The only one I can find for sale retail is from burrfection right now for a price of $3300. Yoshikazu Ikeda Mizu-Honyaki Shirogami #1 Ripple (Mt. Fuji) Mirror 240mm Gyuto with Ironwood Handle

I really don't want to let this guy go, but it really is a case of it's so gorgeous I don't want to use it. I am going to list it at close to half off, $1750.

This has the best figured ironwood handle I've seen, a wonderful hamon, and an amazing mirror polish. This is the best mirror polish I have seen, but it is not perfect. There are scratches, mainly a hairline x on the showside which I will post pictures of. Please note, these are going to happen with full mirror knives, and why I have priced the knife as I have.

ikeda1.jpg

ikeda2.jpg

ikeda3.jpg

ikedachoil.jpg

Last edited:
Next up is the tansu, from mert: 230mm Gyuto in Hitachi Blue 2 ,
Honyaki
Specs :

Edge length : 230mm
Height at the heel: 53mm
Thickness along the spine :
At the heel : 2.4
Midpoint : 1.9
An inch before the tip : 1.2mm
Weight : 206gr
steel : Hitachi blue 2, carbon steel
Hardness : 64-65hrc tested
Handle : octagonal lace sheoak with a bronze spacer
Hand rubbed 1000 grit finish ,
mirror choil and spine for comfort.

Price is $850. Not much hamon activity, but tons of banding potential. I rubbed it with some lemon juice to see some potential banding and there is a lot. Mild patina from the lemon, but no use.

tansu3.jpg

tansu6.jpeg

tansu5.jpg

tansuchoil.jpg

Last edited:
3. Running man forge nakiri is 1095 and 15n20 hand forged dama with a beautiful exhibition grade amboyna handle, will get measurements later. Been used a bunch, but recent refresh from the maker. Has some patina on it:

Pricing is $500

nakirichoil.jpg

Last edited:
4. Tetsujin 210mm metal flow gyuto. I played with a mix of natural stones and powders, and etched in lemon juice. Been used about 5 times. New price for one with a nice ebony handle is 5-550, I am giving a big discount since I played around with the polish on this. The finish is NOT PERFECT, there are plenty of marks from practicing stone polishing on it, but it looks awesome and will perform even better. Nicest ebony handle with marbled horn I've ever seen, look at that color and figure. I don't want to let this one go just because of how amazing the handle is. Plenty of banding.

Price is $375 shipped

myojin1.jpg

myojin2.jpg

myojin3.jpg

banding8.jpg

myojinchoil.jpg

Last edited:
Stepping out for a few hours, will update the post when I am back with exact edge lengths, heights, weights, choil shots, vids, etc.

Let me know if there are any other questions, and thanks for looking!

GLWS! That Ikeda is a beaut and an absolute ripper of a deal but I've learned from the sole mirror gyuto I own to never buy one again if I can help it since I'm 1) too damn lazy to maintain the finish and 2) it'd be too pretty to ever use 🤣.

GLWS! That Ikeda is a beaut and an absolute ripper of a deal but I've learned from the sole mirror gyuto I own to never buy one again if I can help it since I'm 1) too damn lazy to maintain the finish and 2) it'd be too pretty to ever use 🤣.
I don't learn my lesson. I'm still buying mirror gyutos. Honestly, I would probably use it eventually, it's more of just a backlog of knives that need to get used more as well!

Thanks!

That Ikeda!! holy corn fructose I want it

THE ITCH JUST KEEPS ON ITCHING
I really REALLY don't want to sell it, I would be happy if the rest sold and that one stayed. The nicest dang ironwood I've seen. White 1...Mt Fuji... Ugh. Literally had to toss coins on some of these knives to sell or keep. I have a blue 2 honyaki from isasmedjan...I took at least 20 minutes deciding if I should post the tansu or that for sale. It's tough when you have to liquidate but you love everything.

Latest posts

Back