Greetings from Canada

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traderjay

Reaction score
Hi all - Happy to join this forum! I am a shigefusa Japanese knife user/owner and I currently own the following:

Kitaeji Gyuto
Kasumi Gyuto
Kamusi Deba
Kitaeji Usuba

Here is my video paying tribute to the great master smith:

Last edited:
traderjay, you got great knives! Kitaeji knives are deadly! How long is your amazing usuba blade? How **wide** is that sick, THIN, tall blade road (your kitaeji usuba bevel) if you don’t mind me asking? Also how thin is your usuba spine at heel? That sharp usuba is to die for!

Welcome to the forum!

traderjay, you got great knives! Kitaeji knives are deadly! How long is your amazing usuba blade? How **wide** is that sick, THIN, tall blade road (your kitaeji usuba bevel) if you don’t mind me asking? Also how thin is your usuba spine at heel? That sharp usuba is to die for!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I will take some measurements and report back. The blade length is 210 mm. The Shigefusa blades (or most handmade knives in the traditional manner) are very special indeed because it has so much craftsman ship in it. Its almost like a piece of living history whenever you use and hold it - hard to describe the feeling. My Kitaeji gyuto is more than 10 years old and its still just as sharp as day 1.

Latest posts

Back